This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
are you careful what you advertise on Facebook?
03-24-2014, 11:41 AM
are you careful what you advertise on Facebook?
or have you ever got in this mess?

http://uk.yahoo.com/_ylt=ApX5WFQZTZSW7FT...rrer=yahoo

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:43 AM

No, I lent you it last week didn't I? or is there some still tilting on the right?

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:47 AM

Anyone that has a Facebook account that doesn't make it private and just for friends only is asking for trouble.
03-24-2014, 11:51 AM

You have to be completely retarded to have a Facebook Page that is not Private.

With all these updates and pointless upgrades I log out and check back to make sure my profile is 100% private at least once a week.
03-24-2014, 11:55 AM

Hi Hels!

I don't use Facebook myself - my friends twisted my arm to make an account, I did and then lost interest almost straightaway.

Someone I know really stupidly put a picture of their driving license in their photos - the photo was unnaturally bizarre - but of course showed full personal details, and the photos were not set to 'friends only'. He did change it quickly, but of all the stupidity; this is a guy who works for the National Statistics Office!!!!

I only advertise my socks, but that tends to put people off...
03-24-2014, 12:01 PM

I will bear that in mind when I organise the ce crew xmas party!
03-24-2014, 12:06 PM

Stories like that make me laugh.

I had a party that got out of hand 25 years ago ... well before the advent of facebook.
03-24-2014, 12:16 PM

My FB is set to private. Other people cant read anything. This type of carnage has happened many times now. Daft kids will never learn.
03-24-2014, 12:24 PM

How did he "Advertise" it? I've thrown parties through an event page on Facebook and had around 60 people turn up and that was fine. Mind you I did set it so only those who were invited could see the page, I guess that's because I figured if I let all 300 of my friends see I had a lifetime supply of beer and a free house everyone would have shown up and I didn't even need to go to a £21,000-a-year school to figure that one out.
03-24-2014, 12:29 PM

Typical Daily Mail twaddle. Blame Facebook and the evil internet.

(Also, many of the children "were wearing hoodies" - oh no! Run for the hills!)

Any parent who leaves their 16 year old in charge of the house for the weekend is asking for trouble, unless they know for certain that their kid is a shy non-social bookworm who is more likely to take up basket weaving than throw a wild party. That is no truer in 2010 than it was in 1980 or 1960.

As for public Facebook profiles, a good rule of thumb is don't put anything on there that you wouldn't want (a) your boss, (b) your mother in law, © a judge, or (d) the scummiest scum on the entire Internet to see or know.