This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I search tweets on twitter by hashtag, date, and/or location?
03-24-2014, 11:42 AM
How can I search tweets on twitter by hashtag, date, and/or location?
I am looking to develop a map of twitter activity in Manhattan during Hurricane Sandy last year. I plan to use Leaflet to develop the map, and have the script to pull geotags off each tweet individually (though that will be a real nightmare), but I can't find a good API or general method to gather the tweets in my date/time range. I am good on HTML5 and CSS3, and, while I don't know much Java, would be willing to learn what I need to there. Any suggestions on how I can find tweets that occurred on Manhattan on that day with the appropriate hashtags? Again, I'm happy to extract the geotags one by one and paste them into Leaflet if I have to.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:45 AM

well you most basic way is to just search in the search bar (through "connect' tab)
if that doesn't work you can try google old results
why does it have to be in your date and time range?
your best bet would be to go through google (search engine) or just search it through twitter
now if you want to get complicated i beilieve somewhere out there,there would be a website to help with that kinds stuff,twitter forums,any internet forum Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply