This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I block my FB profile?
03-24-2014, 11:42 AM
How do I block my FB profile?
I only add people I know to be friends on Facebook. I belong to a Facebook group, and someone in the group looked up my personal information from my profile. Is there a way I can prevent that. Looked over all the privacy settings, but there doesn't seem to be one for blocking your profile.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:45 AM

Delete your FB crap.. You probably don't even need it.

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:45 AM

There is a block function to completely block someone from finding you, but otherwise you need to go to "edit profile" and edit the privacy settings for each section. There should be a little icon next to each piece of information you enter (hometown, contact info, birthday, etc.) that will appear as a little globe icon when your information is public to all on facebook. You can change it to friends only, or even "me-only." Remember to hit save on the bottom of the page after doing this, as it doesn't automatically.
03-24-2014, 11:49 AM

There are privacy settings to allow only friends or "only me" (only you) for assorted things, such as your personal information, or friends list, etc.
Hunt around the settings area of Facebook. Or use the help screens to point out the locations.
03-24-2014, 11:52 AM

After following these steps you can easily block.
1.Go to "edit profile" and edit the privacy settings for each section.
2.There should be a little icon next to each piece of information you enter (hometown, contact info, birthday, etc.) that will appear as a little globe icon when your information is public to all on facebook.
3.You can change it to friends only, or even "me-only." Remember to hit save on the bottom of the page after doing this, as it doesn't automatically.
03-24-2014, 11:55 AM

You Can Not Block your Facebook Profile Information Thats Not Possible you Can Block Some Sections By Editing Each Section and Click on the People Box and Change your Settings and Set your Privacy Settings But Thats About it