This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to convince my parents to get me an iPhone 4s?
03-24-2014, 11:43 AM
How to convince my parents to get me an iPhone 4s?
Ok, so, I really badly want an iPhone 4s. Currently, the price has dropped quite drastically because of the new iPhone 5s so I have enough money to pay for it. However, where I'm living at the moment, the phone companies don't have a package plan for this particular phone as they already took the package off about a year ago.

At the moment, I have one of those old phones that doesn't have much apart from a really, really bad camera and a call and SMS option. I really want an iPhone 4s. Problem is, my parents are really old fashioned and they grew up in quite poor families so they don't see the point of smartphones. Also, my parents don't really believe in birthday/Christmas/other-holiday presents either. I have tried asking for it but my parents have put their foot down and said no - you see, they're quite strict and honestly, the gadgets that me and my sibling have are ones given by relatives. The only gadgets my parents buy are for themselves like iPhones and tablets. They don't believe that children should own these gadgets (they also don't believe in dating, makeup, sleepovers, social media, etc until I'm over 21). I also don't receive allowance - a little cash here and there but nothing else. Oh, and also, I'm not spoilt. I don't own much clothes and the amount I own are cheap clothes not branded like Zara or Forever 21 like the other girls in my class.

I have tried almost everything: doing chores (but my parents believe chores are a child's duty and they shouldn't be paid), sitting down with them and discussing a list of pros and cons - they still refuse to get it for me, getting good grades (I admit, I tried really hard and I almost made it to Honor Roll but I didn't), offering to pay for it with my own money, etc.

It's also not like my parents are poor. We have a average amount of money and they have told me more than once that if they wanted to, they could buy me a dozen iPhones. I'm also a responsible child: even though I didn't make it to Honor Roll, I complete all my homework on time and my parents can trust me at home for a few hours alone. I'm honestly out of ideas of the moment. Please help me.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:47 AM

Honestly I just received an iPhone 5S from them out of nowhere for the holidays. I've wanted an iPhone since the 3GS came out years ago yet they refused to buy me one. I'm 21 now and my sister who also got one is 15. They always told me the cost of the iPhone is negligent because the phone plan is what matters since it's a monthly cost. I always done well in school but they were insistent of getting me everything but the iPhone because it does add up over time. The only reason my parents got us iPhones is because of the new family plans where we share a pool of data. The phone plan is only $90 a month, $10 more expensive to support a crappy flip phone.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply