This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I delete my Facebook?
03-24-2014, 11:44 AM
Should I delete my Facebook?
Ok so I am 14 years old and first of all my parents don't know I have a Facebook.my mom won't let me because she is VER VERY STRICT ABOUT BOYS!!!! She doesn't want me talking to them or hanging out with them,if I am in a gang of girls and there is just one boy she would kill me !!! anyways the only family member who knows I have a fb is my cousin and she swore she won't tell anyone.we both gave eachothers fb passwords cuz we trusted eachother that much.my cousins's mom and my mom are sisters and they are pretty close.my cousins mom let's her have a fb and hang out with boys as long she doesn't do anything bad like making out with them.My mom ...complete OPPOSITE!. My cousin tells everything to her mom.I feel like every secret I tell my cousin she tells her mom , then her mom tells my mom. I told my cousin that my elementary friends wanted to see me and asked her if I should go or not cuz there were boys (because back then I didn't knew that I wasn't aloud to talk to boys and bla bla and I couldn't just let them go Sad so I made an excuse that I am going to my friend(girl) house and she bought it. The next day she just got off the phone with my cousin's mom and started asking me questions like where were you yesterday and did u know I was spying on u ,I know there were boys there. ( iknow it is not true cuz her car wasn't even working then).Anyway I think my aunt told her that then my mom started asking me questions if I had a fb. My mom said that she would only let me hang out with one friend which is a Muslim girl she is my friend (I am Muslim so that's why she wants me to hang out with her) she said I
Don't want you to see with anyone else but her. I mean now she is also choosing my friends (girls) !!MY LIFE IS MISERBLE!!! anyway I don't think I can trust anyone anymore and I just wanna stop lying. I am just tired !!😭😢💔 but at the same time if I delete my fb I will loose all in touch with my elementary friends an other's that I don't get to see anymore! 😔 HELP

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:48 AM

More than likely, the reason she won't let you hang out with boys is because you lied that one time.
I would delete it, because then she kind of doesn't have proof of you lying, and it really does feel better to not lie Smile

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:54 AM

Honestly, i think you should sit down and talk to your mom about it. If you have before, you really need to spill your heart out. My tips for talking with her are to not compare her to your cousins mom, because it will probably make her feel bad inside. Second, don&#x27;t overdue it and let her talk, don&#x27;t create an argument, and don&#x27;t let her create an argument. Third, tell her the truth, because if you don&#x27;t and she finds out you could ruin any possible bond between you too.
I probably would delete the facebook, and then ask your mom if you could get one, then afterwards just reactivate your account. But give her time to process it, and let her think. also, about your cousin i understand the bond you might have with her but remind her what you say to her shouldn&#x27;t be repeated because it might cause you trouble.
Good Luck with everything, hope I helped! Smile
03-24-2014, 11:58 AM

If its becoming a problem then time to delete it.