This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
do you agree with the proposed teacher strikes?
03-24-2014, 11:46 AM
do you agree with the proposed teacher strikes?
please like my facebook page if you don't agree with the strikes. fining local authorities when teachers strike.
in October last year I was fined for taking my kids out of school and now the teachers are planning a strike, if my kids aren't able to go to school that day I have informed my local authority and MP that I will be fining them. do you think this is right?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:49 AM

If you could put yourself in the teacher's place you may think differently. Working people rarely strike for no good reason, especially teaching staff. Maybe you should be supporting your local teachers instead of considering yourself?

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:53 AM

like the tube strikers you mean we should have the SS put in control and stop this nonsense taking away a persons rights it's the same thing make them bend to the rule if they take your child support away will you stand and let them
03-24-2014, 11:57 AM

If it helps to cause a general election so we can elect UKIP then Yes, I support the strike.
03-24-2014, 12:01 PM

Few other people have the privilege of being able to strike so I don't support these
For the rest of us it's a case of, "Want a pay rise? Don't like the conditions? You know where the door is"
03-24-2014, 12:01 PM

I really don't know why anyone wants to be a comprehensive schoolteacher at all these days. Some classes might not be too bad but the lack of discipline means the teacher can't teach and pupils can't learn. I don't see the point of that.

Trouble is for the last 50 years schools have been the epicentre of social engineering and this oft-punted but never defined mantra of equality.

I think the only ones who will care tuppence about teachers striking are working parents who'll have to take time out to supervise their kids.

I think on the whole and compared to the rest of those who have to live and earn in the real world, teachers don't do too badly.
They'd have a more peaceful time if they were lion tamers though. And I hear many lions these days know how to use the possessive apostrophe, which is more than can be said of most teachers.
03-24-2014, 12:10 PM

The current situation is that it is extremely hard to get poor teachers out of the system. If there was a strong move to oust poor teachers and a system of continual assessment for the rest, they might deserve their current pay and conditions but as it is, they don't. There was a move by the teaching unions to have a 20 hour working week - what planet do they live on?
I disagree with teaching union strikes as much as I disagree with rail union strikes.