This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why are they doing this to me?
03-24-2014, 11:49 AM
Why are they doing this to me?
Last year when I was in 8th grade, it was just me, my dad, and my two sisters. My mom divorced my dad to do other stuff and for another man. So we moved next to my grandparents for year. Then my mom got back into my life all of a sudden and got my dad into her again. Well she took pills to make her less aggressive but ever since she came back my dad has gotten onto me for everything I do. It's been a year now and she is acting like everything I'm doing is wrong. They won't let me go anywhere ever since my friend invited 3 girls over to her house when I was there and we were all best friends and they got mad. Then they complain how I'm always in my room when that's the only thing I could do without them criticizing me about everything. They monitor my Facebook account I know it ain't a big issue but if I like something that has a cuss word they yell at me for liking it and threaten to take my account away. They don't do it to my other sisters they only do it to me. Why???

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:53 AM

Are you the oldest, youngest, or middle child?

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:58 AM

Sounds like overprotective parents. I know that it might not seem like it right now, but they do want the best for you. They want to make sure that you stay out of the trouble. There is a chance that they love you the most because they put so much into parenting you and not the others. You're most likely to succeed in life out of all of your siblings. Best of luck!
03-24-2014, 12:04 PM

sounds like really bad parents... you should just randomly go hug your mom shell flip out and be like i love you ... and hten just walk away ... create a new facebook and put a nick name ... work really hard at school get a good career then when your finally old enough to have a family treat them like you would have wanted to be treated ... o and once you have a career talk to your parents about how they made you feel
03-24-2014, 12:08 PM

- Both of your parents tells you "everything is your fault"
- They complain about everything you do
- They're monitoring you on FB and they threatens to take it away

Both of your parents are toxic and your family is called "dysfunctional family". They are probably not doing this on purpose and they probably don't know what they are doing. They're having problems of their own BUT they happen to be adults. They have abilities to fix all that or manage it in healthy ways, but instead, they're taking it out on you.

Or they might have both grew up in dysfunctional family and this is the way they were raised, so they don't know any other way to do it. They might think this is the way to raise children properly from their childhood experiences.

Or your mother might be seriously mentally ill and your father is getting overwhelmed. So they snap on you.

Could be one of these or combinations of these.