This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My laptop is extremely slow after start up?
03-24-2014, 04:10 PM
My laptop is extremely slow after start up?
When I start my computer it takes ages to load anything and I'm fed up of it! When I open Chrome it takes a good couple of minutes to load. It's the same with every other application I wish to load straight after start up. It's as if it needs to warm up for a bit, because after about half an hour it runs absolutely fine!

I do have quite a lot of processes I've noticed, it's telling me 90 at the moment. Is that too much? Also another thing that confuses me is that it says I have 90 processes but it only lists about 40... why doesn't it list all of them?? Most of the processes that uses the highest amount of memory, I looked up, and are important.

My Toshiba Satellite P850-12Z is about 1 and a half years old. I do have quite a few games on it but I always have and it used to work fine on start up.

Can anyone that knows this sort of stuff well help me out? Not great with computer terminology, so if you could speak concisely - as if I'm an idiot - that would be much appreciated,

Cheers.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:17 PM

Two days ago I was very frustrated because my computer hanged again and again. So that I was unable to do any task then my friend told me about Optimo defender. It is an anti-virus software which cleans my computer viruses and protects my computer privacy. Then I installed it from optimodefender.com. Now I can say that it's really very good. You should also try it at least once.

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:26 PM

Free up some space in file system disk in most cases is the local disk C, when you see the disk is nearly full. Eventually some portion of the space reserved for virtual Ram and this is done automatically during the installation of OS. Also run disk defragment on file system disk or both partitioned disks and is found in the tools just within the windows operating system. Remember to always shutdown the computer properly. Clear out some temporary file which may include internet files and other unnecessary files.
03-24-2014, 04:28 PM

Disable starup programs.
Download these softwares for best performance..
1. Advanced SystemCare.
2. Smart Defrag
3. IoBit Uninstaller
4. Iobit Malware Fighter
Or contact me on my page --- http://www.facebook.com&#x2F;onlyitworms