This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm so confused about facebook?
03-24-2014, 04:12 PM
I'm so confused about facebook?
It says that this person was online 3 hours ago then I sent this person a message and on the app it says they have seen the message 45 minutes ago but it still says last active 3 hours ago? Also the facebook messenger app says they have not seen the message but the actual facebook app says they have so confused??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:14 PM

Who gives a crap, they probably did see it and just don't care enough to answer you.

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:21 PM

Don't worry about it it's probably just a glitch
03-24-2014, 04:29 PM

i also had this problm but dont worry its a glitch and who cares whther it is read 3 hours ago or 3 years ago
03-24-2014, 04:35 PM

It's not a glitch. "Online 3 hours ago" means the last time they had Facebook Chat on, was 3 hours ago. It doesn't mean that they haven't accessed Facebook AT ALL in the past 3 hours, it's just been that long since they turned off the chat portion. The reason why it says they have seen the message, is because they have. They have accessed their Facebook either on their computer, or via the Facebook application, and viewed your message.

For your final question, "Also the facebook messenger app says they have not seen the message but the actual facebook app says they have so confused??"

This is because they HAVE read your message via the Facebook application or website (computer) and have not yet looked at the message via the Messenger app. Most likely, they have their phone set up so they receive an alert when they get a Facebook message. So when he/she clicked the alert, the alert sent them into the Facebook App, they looked at the message briefly, then quickly exited the app.

A good rule of thumb is that Facebook will never say that a message HAS been read, if it HAS NOT been at least looked-at/accessed.
03-24-2014, 04:44 PM

Facebook sucks.