This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Brisbane Uni Students - Is The Pad Student Accommodation Any Good?
03-24-2014, 04:12 PM
Brisbane Uni Students - Is The Pad Student Accommodation Any Good?
I'm a second year Uni student and since my previous roommates decided to move, I need to find new accommodation. The Pad Student Accommodation seems cheap and high-quality, but I have seen some worrying reviews... then again, people tend to speak up if they're unhappy and stay quiet when they're content. I just want to hear a few more opinions before I start to decide.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:20 PM

You can find some info and photos of it on their FB page - https://www.facebook.com/thepadliving

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:28 PM

Don't do it. I do not know of a single Australian who has been happy with it, nor many internationals. Of the ten users I met, eight were unhappy with The Pad and did not intend to re-sign a lease.
They also regularly violate the laws pertaining to renting in rooming accommodation, and when this is pointed out they just ignore you. They also do not have an ounce of compassion (for example, rent being 2days late because you were in hospital after a serious car accident).
In many houses (but not all), the standard of the furniture is subpar, yet when it finally breaks they try and make you pay for the repair.

-Source: I lived in one of their student hovels.
03-24-2014, 04:33 PM

AGREE with Casey - the Pad has very affordable accommodation if you're looking for crap accommodation. Most of their properties seem to be 10+ people, and more like boarding houses. I don't know of any Aussies and internationals that had a good experience with them. We had professional cleaners come through and they still tried to claim $200 -250 out of our bond. Steer clear - stay in a youth hostel and search for your own accommodation!