This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
is my face good enough to model? do you need to be skinny to model or can you be toned?
03-24-2014, 04:14 PM
is my face good enough to model? do you need to be skinny to model or can you be toned?
http://instagram.com/p/jE5UCNNslf/

cause i really enjoy classes and going to the gym but i get toned really easily so my body is not that skinny..
i am 5'7 only i believe

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:18 PM

You got 10,000 to one chance.

There were 10,000 hopeful models for Victoria's Secret in Dec. fashion show also. Out of those, 5 were chosen as finalists, and only one was chosen as the winner. Check it out. It's not just a pretty face. It takes a certain walk, attitude, confidence & can stand the stress. Some models were discovered walking home from a vacation at the airport, sitting in restaurants with their family, or walking in the malls.

Everyone can be a model.
Any age, height or size can be a model. Just turn on your TV and watch a commercial for a minute or two. Those people trying to sell products, THEY'RE all models! Flip through any magazine. . . they're ALL models, too! Even Nordstrom catalogs have hired models with disabilities! DH was a toddler model for Bon Marche. Brooke Shields was an infant model for Ivory. You can also be a hand or feet model, without showing the rest of your body.

I thought I was a model material, until they used me for extra in a movie and modeled once for hair, and realized I don't want anyone fuzzing with me top to bottom and are 'forced to wear and dress like a clown." They may even cut your hair PIXIE short!

Natalie Portman was discovered by a modeling agent at a pizza parlor, but she'd rather be an actress. She's 5'3" and is now the new face for Dior. Look @ Coco now, (Coco married Ice T), she was 5'2" and 100lbs. Brooke Burke Charvet is only 5'7". Mila Kunis is the newest face for Christian Dior and Gemfields, she's 5'4". Kristen Stewart is now the new face for Chanel, she's also 5'4".

That depends what you're modeling. Linda Gray was a model, that became famous as legs model - The Graduate poster in 1967 and L'eggs commercials a $25 job.

Look like one, dress like one, walk like one. An example for a Nike model: 5'7-5'9" height, waist 29-30", bust 35"-36 1/2", hip 38"-39", B or C cup, trim, athletic, & lean. Ages must be between 18-28. Pay? $68.hr.

Model Ashley Smith, 6'1" was discovered @ the SXSW festival in Austin, TX.

Check out America's Next Top Model, or SCOUTED so you can understand what goes on behind the modeling business. They own you top to bottom. Meaning, no if's, and's or but's. It's a very demanding career, and if you can handle stress and ready to give them 120% then you're IN. As any model candidate, would you be willing to give up your long beautiful hair, to look like Emma or Ashlee Simpson? Yes, that means, you'll be willing to give up ANYTHING to your image, to get to the top! Cindy Crawford's daughter, who was 10, asked by the Versace people for her to do advertisement in January, but she was not their priority, she actually had to wait for 4 hours for her photo shoot - like everyone else!

In Vogue UK, now hires 13-14 year old models. But there's a documentary "Girl Model" too young, too thin on Vogue models, shown at SXSW and the Toronto International Film festival, highlights the search and scouting of young girls in the modeling industry. Teen models have no clue what they're getting themselves into. They're naive. They get free food, free alcohol, they are forced into prostitution, too many abuses, sexual, physical, emotional you just can't believe.
http://theminaretonline.com/2012/04/06/article21987
Watch "Girl Model" https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/yqg8b
If you're a model, and are shipped to Japan, would you be able to understand Japanese, to sign the contract? One model in Japan, gained 2", was sent home. "the modeling business is corrupt.'
They also took a bunch of her photos, and she never got paid, nor did she ever saw them! She had to borrow money to support herself, pay rent, food, to survive!
Google: Models are eating tissues to stay thin - ex-Vogue Editor - a good read. http://www.ibtimes.com/former-vogue-edit...ok-1165223
Read what one model says about his hair: "I work as a model and went through a period of work where my hair was constantly straightened for photoshoots and shows; after about two or three weeks of having my hair straightened almost every day my hair has evidently become so damaged that it's stopped curling about two inches from my scalp. The roots of my hair still curl, everything below that hangs limp and straight and dead. I've never heard of this happening to anyone else, nor has anyone else I've spoken to including numerous hair dressers."

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:22 PM

How tall are you? models are usually 5'6"-5'10". You are really pretty! Smile It depends on the brand on how skinny you need to be. You can deffinitly be toned if you want to model. And your face is good tooSmile
03-24-2014, 04:25 PM

You won't get runway modeling assignments because you're not tall enough or skinny enough. There are all kinds of modeling assignments, though. You could get assignments for editorial print ads for hair, makeup, skin products etc. etc. If you want to pursue that, you'd need to have beautiful manicured hands since they are often seen in the editorial head shots.

You might also get TV ad assignments. You would need to speak very well and have no regional accent. Taking speech and acting classes would help with that. Good luck!! : }

(model booking agent for professional photographer)
03-24-2014, 04:29 PM

your pretty enough and you can do other modeling.you should model cosmetics.
03-24-2014, 04:35 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwwzF2A8daI