This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I was talking to my friend on Facebook. She responed "thnx..." What does this mean?
03-24-2014, 04:15 PM
I was talking to my friend on Facebook. She responed "thnx..." What does this mean?
I was talking to her on Facebook when she said that her brothers cat was going to die. She said that she had ro go over there and she was sorry that she couldn't talk to me anymore.

I then said "you and your brother have my condolenses." She then said "thx..."

What is with the ... Does the ... mean she thought it was awkward?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:21 PM

No.  An ellipsis usually indicates more to come, or something more that is unspoken.  Don't read more into it than is there.  She was thankful for your concern.  That's all you need to know.

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:29 PM

Thnx or thx means thanks
03-24-2014, 04:38 PM

It means Thank You..
03-24-2014, 04:45 PM

agree with Chris G,she want to express something more,like she is sad about the cat or she doesn't want to her brothers house,but I think it is fine with you.
03-24-2014, 04:50 PM

She said thank you, but wanted to say more that she couldn't express on facebook. An ellipsis is indication that there is more information that isn't there. Although some people don't use grammar correctly, so it's not always used that way especially on Facebook.

She probably just didn't know what to say. In any case, it's difficult to see a persons emotions through texting/instant messaging which is why emoticons were created. Don't assume the worst Smile
03-24-2014, 04:56 PM

"thx..." = thanks.