This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should you settle for a nice guy or keep looking?
03-24-2014, 04:15 PM
Should you settle for a nice guy or keep looking?
So I asked a question yesterday on my dating life. I realized that there were a few nice guys in my past that it didn't work out with. One was my best friend who moved to CA (im from NJ). He has a gf now. Never felt anything for him romantic wise and i wonder about it now sometimes but I'm sure it is out of curiousity/part jealousy. I couldn't hurt him by telling him I feel something when it may not actually be there. Another guy I went out with once and my family loved him. He had some confidence issues when it was just me and him and I heard about possible anger issues not to mention he wanted to get married "soon after dating briefly". I don't know what that really meant but I felt a strong connection with him that I never felt again with anyone. I'm not sure if I should try connecting again. I haven't spoken to him since August and he recently took me out of a social media page. I've tried texting him once and calling once but I left no message in the call. I think that he was a nice guy and due to commitment issues I just didn't talk to him and now I'm not sure whether I should try to talk him again.

I feel like most attractive guys I've went out with just wanted to hook up. I've tried dating for a long time and I feel like maybe I missed this opportunity. I could have at least went out with a few times to really see what it would be like. I feel like for some people dating isn't as easy and I don't want to keep making mistakes.

Thanks for reading this long rant.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:19 PM

Maybe you should consider dating women.

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:23 PM

Hun, it's me you're describing right there! I have commitment issues too and have turned down many nice boys i sometimes wonder what it would of been like dating them. I guess i can't blame myself though cause at the moment i just didn't feel it.
My last bf was so sweet and liked me so much but he was clingy af. I eventually broke up with him cause i just saw him as a friend. I got a hard time deciding wether i should broke up with him or just wait and see what happens. The reason i decided to break it off, 1- i felt sad seeing myself by his side. 2- i knew if i didn't like him in the beggining of the relationship (not t sound shallow but he was ugly), nothing in the world would make me like him in the future, i would be unhappy for the rest of the relationship.

Just because they are good boys doesnt mean you have to date them. If you're not feeling it just leave it. Don't rush into things. You'll eventually find that one guy and you will have no doubts Smile
03-24-2014, 04:33 PM

I think that you should keep moving on...if the second guy didn't respond to the text or call then he has moved on. The first guy did nothing for you, so as nice as he was, he would have never been the one.

Dating is hard until BOOM you find the one. It happens just like that.