This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook/Youtube/Games won't load after updates?
03-24-2014, 04:16 PM
Facebook/Youtube/Games won't load after updates?
SORRY FR LONG POST thought I'd get everything in though as detailed as possible.

Hey everyone,

I downloaded Battlefield 4 last night to play it, but it wanted me to update my Nvidia drivers, so I did to 373 or whatever it was. I then upgraded Java to 40, and did some windows updates (never done that before cause it usually breaks my computer).

Well I went to work today came back, and nothing is working. Videos aren't loading on Youtube as well as some other websites (some are but not all which I know they should be), facebook is not loading at all. And some games won't load anymore.

So I restored my computer back to before I did the updates (two days ago). Yet that has not fixed my issue. Is anyone else having this problem right now or is it only me?

Video Issue: The video on Youtube is stuck at 00:00 and has a black screen (no audio or video). The advertisement that plays at the start kinda does it. Like if it's a 17 second ad, 17 seconds later it will disappear (won't play) and it will then try and load the video. If the video has those bubbles at the start, they will also pop up but the video won't play.. REALLY ODD never happened to me before.

Other websites are the same they won't load or play at all.

Facebook Issue: Just spins and spins and spins (probably just overloaded or doing some maintenance but found it odd)

Games: Before the restore it was jut a black screen, but after the restore they are working now properly.

Things I have tried: System restore, re-installing chrome/firefox, doing some updates but not all (nvidia, then flash, then java, then windows). Turning computer off for awhile. Turning off firewalls. Running virus scans (clean).

Websites are loading fine, I have a great internet connection (download speed is around 2.9mb/s with upload being at 500kb/s), I have a GTX 680 and a GTX 570 (using it just for physx).

Everything was working properly until I put my computer to sleep and turned her back on.

P.S The youtube videos play SOMETIMES if I get lucky they will play (just keep hitting refresh until they do, and yes I have left it on the screen for 10+ minutes just to see if it was slow, so that's nto the case).

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:21 PM

a BLACK & EMPTY screen is a sign that your ''cache'' or "memory'' are overwhelmed
and can't take any more -- or you may have conflicting ''cookies''.  Simply delete your
Cache, Cookies and History; then clear your Memory with a shutdown & fresh reboot.
Afterwards, you'll freak at how good and trouble-free your YouTube will be.

While you are at it, switch-off both your modem and your router for about 30 seconds;
then turn them back on again.  If you're still stuck, then your Flash player is probably
too "new" or "incompatible'' with your computer, and you should consider re-installing
the previous or an older Flash.

Other possibilities + solutions:
-- Right-click any video, click "Settings" and uncheck "Enable Hardware Acceleration".
-- Disable any Adblocking software, play a video; then you can re-enable the Adblock.
-- Disable your AV utility while on YouTube, since you can't get a virus from YouTube.
-- You may unknowingly be using ''HTML5'' rather than "Flash''. To be sure, click here
   http://www.youtube.com/html5 and opt out.

:-)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply