This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Autoimmune disease? What is Cystic Fibrosis like?
03-24-2014, 04:17 PM
Autoimmune disease? What is Cystic Fibrosis like?
I am 18 years old. When I was in 8th grade I got sick one day and have been since. I am diagnosed with IBS, but things are worse. I went from being sick every few months, to throwing up every night. I weighed 105 until my boyfriend graduated, that night is when I started throwing up. I did it every night over the summer, but yet I gained 20 lbs. I started seeing blood in my stool. My pediatric GI did a few tests. I have C. Diff in my intestines. For the past month I've had a problem with mucus, no sinus problems. But there's a lot of mucus in my stool, and I cough it up a lot, it's so bad I choke and have to throw it up. It doesn't stop. I'm looking for a new adult GI in Mobile. We know it's something more. I have blood spots all over me at random times. We thought Cystic Fibrosis because of the mucus? But we are looking at Lupus, Crohn's, UC, and Cystic Fibrosis. Someone please help? Just advice or how you feel if you have any of these.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:21 PM

Hello, I have Cystic Fibrosis. I am 16. CF is where you have extremely thick mucus that you will cough up, and I am sure it can be in stool (dont have that bad of GI issues). I recommend you go get a blood test done asap so you can start treating it if that is what you have. I was diagnosed at 3 weeks so I never was in doubt. The weight issues sound like CF, but the fact you randomly started gaining is weird. Please, PLEASE, get your blood work done. This doesn't sound like anything else other than CF really. You can add me on Facebook or join the Cystic Fibrosis group (just called Cystic Fibrosis). If you join and post this question you will get an immense amount of feedback, basically immediately. If you post something about it I will add you! God bless you. Don't freak out over this either! I recommend starting exercise asap to clear mucus.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply