This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where does facebook make its money? It can't be the ads on the right side that no one looks at?
03-24-2014, 04:18 PM
Where does facebook make its money? It can't be the ads on the right side that no one looks at?
It can't be the ads on the right side that no one looks at. Most of these ads are scams or "meet girls in your area" ads. I don't see why it is worth so much. I don't see where they make their money.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:27 PM

Well, the ads pay facebook for what i think is an average of how many people click them, and how long they are there. Facebook can also be paid for by people that donate to it, and popularity, if more people use a site, and it gets a higher page rank, it earns more money in a year.

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:28 PM

My friend need a root canal, but she has no dental plan, and it would have cost a fortune. I just happened to see a budget dental group, and she had it done for 300 dollars off facebook!
Dont tell me people dont read the ads, it save her life.
03-24-2014, 04:38 PM

Wrong. Facebook, Google, and Yahoo! all make their revenue from ad insertions ($B) It's an impressive industry that just started big in 2007 with the emergence of a new online advertising technology called real-time bidding (RTB). Google "RTB" and you'll get a sense of how advertisers bid (then serve the ad on that page) in less than 100 milliseconds. We're talking about thousands of bids 24/7 for ad spaces on millions of web pages across the internet every day. That's why Zukerberg didn't sell FB to Microsoft. He understood this. BTW - if you are looking for a career in an emerging technology check it out. The advertising industry is quickly shifting to RTB and SF, Silicon Valley, NYC, Chicago are where these companies are centered in the US.
03-24-2014, 04:40 PM

It is The Ads Thats How they Make there Money Company's Pay Facebook $ To Display There Ad On there Website A Lot of Company's Do it So Facebook Makes Money Without Having to Charge For the Site