This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Did this download screw up my Computer?
03-24-2014, 04:19 PM
Did this download screw up my Computer?
So today i downloaded the lastest version of Abode Video Player to help with a lag and freeze issue when i watch Family Guy Episodes online Now i'm getting these weird ads everywhere. When i try to watch youtube videos i get weird pop up ads which i never seen before on youtube. When i get into google chrome i get sent to weird search engine called Snapdo. Instead of my usal apps list. I try clicking on a youtube video and i get sent to a random page and when i watch the video ads appear out of no where. When i try going on any site a pop ad keeps appearing and now i get these random speed up your pc or more downloading so i don't now what to do it is reaqlly pissing me off So help only GOOD ANSWERS

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:25 PM

Yes that&#x27;s a bad download I also downloaded it.

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:26 PM

Well, I don't know if you know this, but it's ADOBE FLASH PLAYER, not Abode. Yes that download messed up your computer. Just uninstall the program you installed using the Control Panel.

Here's the link to the correct one: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Be careful what you download!
03-24-2014, 04:28 PM

Good Morning CP,

I did a quick check on the adobe.com website but was not able to find Adobe Video Player. I also checked to see if there was a legitimate program called Abode Video Player, but was similarly unsuccessful. More than likely you have downloaded a program that came packaged with additional Spyware/Adware. Here are a few steps I would recommend you take to resolve both of your issues:

Go into Control Panel and then Add/Remove Programs (or Programs and Uninstall a Program)
Click on the column Installed On, this will let you see which programs were installed today and yesterday.
Remove any unidentified programs you see there, including your Adobe Video Player.

Next would me to get a free copy of Malwarebytes Anti Malware from Malwarebytes.org
Download, install, update, run a quick scan, then remove all the traces it finds.

Reboot your computer after the removal process is complete.

Your pop up problem should now be resolved. Next steps is trying to resolve your video issue:
Go to Adobe.com and navigate to the bottom of the page, you are looking for downloads for Flash Player.
Download and install this.

Next is to run WIndows update and check the Optional installs. You need to make sure your Microsoft Silverlight is updated.

The above steps should take care of both of your problems.

Please let me know if this resolves your issues.

Have a good day.

Agent Jerry L.
Badge 48029
Deputy of Counter Intelligence
Geek Squad Social Media Team
1/4/14
03-24-2014, 04:36 PM

You installed malware. Google the following programs. AdwCleaner, Junkware removal tool and Malwarebytes Antimalware. AdwCleaner and Junkware removal tool will be on bleepingcomputer.com Malwarebytes will be on Malwarebytes.com. Run each of them in that order. It should remove your issues.
03-24-2014, 04:45 PM

"Abode Video Player" or do you mean Adobe Flash player? Many malicious software's find victims in spellings error's. Adobe flash player has vulnerabilities, but it don't install malware (does offer free McAfee though). The Abode Video Player deal is a scam to install malware. You have to really pay attention especially on questionable web pages. Download and install Malwarebytes free antimalware (don't choose trial): http://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/ Install it, and make sure you update. Reboot into safe mode, and do a full scan. Snapdo search engines may have to be removed from your individual browsers.