This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
should I be in a frat?
03-24-2014, 04:20 PM
should I be in a frat?
I'm a sophomore(first semester) in college and all of my friends are either joining frats or are already in them. But I find no real desire to be in one. I don't drink (I have never had a beer), I don't smoke, and I'm not a partier. I just feel as though it is kinda a right of passage to join a frat. I like the social aspect to it, but I just don't find myself drawn to it. Is that bad?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:26 PM

If you don't find yourself drawn to it, don't do it. Being in a frat isn't really all that. If you don't want to be in one, it would just waste your time when you could be doing something you'd actually want to do. Sounds like it wouldn't be right for you.

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:29 PM

I agree with Sadey. My daughter was not drawn to them when she was an undergrad and did not miss it. She discovered that people in the frat life tend to get lower grades.
03-24-2014, 04:31 PM

First off they aren't as bad as the media protrays them and they are nothing like you see in the movies.

Greek life is NOT for everyone. But i do suggest you attend Rush just to see what they are about, just like I suggest people go to club fairs and join a club.

There is nothing wrong with not wanting to be in a fraternity!