This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Have more storage on iPhone?
03-24-2014, 04:20 PM
Have more storage on iPhone?
How do I get more storage on my iPhone 4s? I just got it and it's a 8GB. Looked at the usage and the capacity said 6.1GB before I put anything on it so I assumed that was just from some of the factory apps like Weather, Voice Memo, etc. that you can't delete. I put 12 photos on it from my computer and have 2 on Camera Roll, 282 songs, and the only apps I downloaded were Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, InstaCollage, SnapChat, Pandora, and YouTube and I now only have 1.91 GB left and I am looking to put a LOT more songs onto my iPhone but know that I probably won't have enough room.

I know that having apps takes up storage and all but I don't use them enough to only have 1.91GB left. Same with texts, and browsing history. I clear my cookies and cache, and history though to free space even though I don't use Safari at all. I also don't have any Reminders, Notes, Voice Memos, etc. set in place at all so I have no idea why I have very little storage space left. I do have a good chunk of memory taken up by "Other" and don't know what it is. Is there anyway I can clear all my unseen junk files that may be taking up other off of my iPhone? Anything I can download or use online for FREE that isn't harmful to my computer or iPhone? Or any secret places on the iPhone itself I can go to that can clear my junk files?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:28 PM

Get an SD card?

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:34 PM

Most of the space is being taken up by the OS. 8gb is simply too little memory these days. If you just got the phone, I'd advise you to return it and either get the 16gb 4s or a different phone altogether.
03-24-2014, 04:41 PM

You'd have to make do with what you have better. The apps take up the space as well as the data from them that gathers up over time. You could use a desktop app called PhoneClean to clear up some space from that.

As far things like music, pics you could transfer some of them off to free up some space and/or use cloud storage to store them.