This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have a crush on my doctor what should I do?
03-24-2014, 04:22 PM
I have a crush on my doctor what should I do?
He is a new doctor at the practice where I am a patient. I went to him with really bad back and abdominal pains. He is very easy on the eyes and is the type of guy I would go for looks wise. I would say he is about 31 or 32 he wouldn't be much older than me I am 27. I found his facebook and twitter account (out of curiosity I have no intention of adding or messaging him on either) and I discovered he is engaged and perhaps has a child too as his fiancé looked pregnant in one of the pictures. I dread having to go see him I come over all shy and nervous and I feel dead embarrassed cause I think I am making him uncomfortable too as he must know I like him. I cant even make eye contact with him and my face must go every shade of red. There is a kind of awkwardness between us when I go see him. Maybe he doesn't think it and I am just jumping to conclusions. Even over the phone when he calls me back with blood and ultrasound results I get so nervous. I thought I was over all the school girl crushes. I am in contact with him a lot a lately be it over the phone or appointments it’s a long story with my health but with tests and pains I find myself in regular contact with him. I’ll have to see him again in 6 weeks time and the thoughts of it is making me anxious. And I cant go to another doctor as he was the doctor who initially seen me and is dealing with my referrals and results.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:23 PM

Ask him to give you a prostate exam without using his hands.

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:27 PM

Just remind yourself every time you meet him that he has a fiancé and a child which makes him 'off-limits' for you.
03-24-2014, 04:35 PM

You'll just have to get over it then. He is there to do his job. Try to think about something else or whatever takes to take your mind of things. Otherwise, you may want to find another new doctor at another place. I would search for a female doctor to make things easier on you.
03-24-2014, 04:40 PM

First, realize that almost every woman who goes to see a good looking 32 year old doctor crushes on him a little bit. It's an occupational hazard for him and he's used to it. For your part, I'd say just get over it. You're old enough to realize you're experiencing a school girl crush that's going nowhere. Try to put on your professional face (I assume you're not a blushing no-eye-contact kind of person at work) and just deal with it.

Best of luck.