This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any information on Houston marketing firm scams?
03-24-2014, 04:22 PM
Any information on Houston marketing firm scams?
I have been going on interviews and I have already passed on three job offers because when the pay structure was broken down there was a possibility of working without pay if you don't make sales. The positions are commission based (which i usually avoid) but there are so many of them there has to be at least one that is legit. The companies I passed on were SEE Marketing, SKE Marketing and CORE communications. I keep reading mixed reviews some say they are scams and others say you just have to work and the money will come. I have also been looking into a company called HBC International (there are 2 companies with this name) which does not seem to have any web presence aside from their website and facebook.

These were the compensation methods explained to me
1. $100 for each sale (average is 6 sales and if you don't make it you are fronted the difference and it is taken out of your next check over 600)

2. wk1: $300+10%commission wk2: $200+15% commission wk4-6: 28%commission +"bonuses"

3. average $300-500/week (but basically $100 for each sale)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:30 PM

You are looking at some high pressure sales jobs. They are not good for your health or pocket book. Try something different.

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:31 PM

a lot of them aren't scams per se... but i interviewed with a lot of those types of companies when i first got out of college. a lot of these "marketing" companies. what some of them are, they go from location to location trying to sell those coupon books.

for instance for $19.99 they'll sell you this coupon book for 6 oil changes.
or for $29.99 they'll sell you a coupon book that has 6 tickets to some sporting event.