This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
In got a blackberry curve and the facebook app wont work?
03-24-2014, 04:23 PM
In got a blackberry curve and the facebook app wont work?
I downloaded the facebook app and it wont work when i try to sign in it says ''Could not connect because a data service is not available.Please try again later. if this continues, contact your service provider for support''. It lets me get onto facebook via the web on the phone, but i would rather go on through the app cause you can download pics and stuff, anybody knows what i can do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:29 PM

Have you subscribed to the blackberry internet service...ie can you receive emails and go on BlackBerry messenger? That's the only thing I can think of! Hope this helps!

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:33 PM

Hi

I'm part of the Vodafone Web Relations team and would like to offer some help and advice.

If you are seeing the error message:

"Could not connect because a data service is not available. Please try again later. If this continues please contact your service provider for support"

on the Facebook app or any other app, this could indicate one of the following issues:

1) A setting issue with your BES set up (If you don't know what BES is, it's usually because you don't have one or need one)

In this situation you would need to contact whoever runs your BES server and ask them to set "allow 3rd party browsers" to enabled.

2) A setting issue on your BlackBerry. To fix this go into Options -> Advanced Options -> Host Routing Table -> Press the BlackBerry key -> Register Now.

3) The most common cause of this issue is not having an active subscription to the Blackberry Internet Service on your number. Do you know if you have purchased this? It is needed for all email and internet functionality on the phone to work properly.

If you are being affected by number 3 you are likely to also see the following message:

"upgrade your service to a plan that includes browsing and discover a world of possibilities at blackberry app world. Contact your service provider for more details"

In this situation the only way to resolve the issue is to add the BlackBerry subscription to your account.

If you have any other questions we have our own Twitter page where we also provide support, follow us and we're on call whenever you have a question!

http://twitter.com/VodafoneUKdeals

All the best,

Helen
Web Relations Team
Vodafone UK

Please can I ask you to take a minute to fill out the following survey, all feedback is greatly appreciated and let’s me know how I’m doing!
http://bit.ly/bjwRnP - survey link
03-24-2014, 04:34 PM

ALL you have to do is get onto your supplier,ask them to give you the BIS>blackberry internet
service,this is something you have to pay extra for it will cost you £5.00 per month for this
bolt on o.k.bye bye..