This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have a problem about Instagram "Forgot Password" feature. 10 points!?
03-24-2014, 04:24 PM
I have a problem about Instagram "Forgot Password" feature. 10 points!?
Okay, so my cousin uploaded some pictures of me making funny and ugly faces, and I don't want anyone to see them. The pictures on his instagram account are private, and I cannot see them unless I follow him, which I don't have instagram to do so. So, I wanted to hack into his instagram account and delete the pictures.
So I pressed the "Forgot Password" link when you put in your information to log in, and then I typed in his user name and verified I was a human. I thought it was going to ask me a security question, but instead, it said he would get an email to his account asking for verification.
Now I'm kind of scared, he's good with computers, and can find out where I am if he has my IP address.

When you get an email about resetting your password from Instagram, what does it say EXACTLY? I was logged into my Hotmail email in another tab if that matters. Does it show the IP address of the sender? Or does it simply tell you to disregard the message if you didn't request to reset your password?

Please, he's really good with computers. I need to know exactly what the email says. I will give address the best answer for just copy and pasting the email.
Thank you so much! I messed up and I will never ever try to hack anyones account ever again.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:28 PM

The email will say that he requested a "forgotten password" recovery and if this was him, it will give instructions on what to do to change his password. If it was not him, it will say that he is to contact Instagram or ignore.

What you did wasn't very bright. He will probably figure out it was you, since I'm sure you made it known that you don't like the pictures. Stop being so serious about yourself. Not every picture could be a "good" one, so stop your stressing. If you think you're too cool to have funny pictures of you posted anywhere, stop putting yourself in the position to let this happen.

His account is private, so only people he chooses will see them. If you don't have Instagram, how do you even know these pictures exist on there? Talk to your cousin, tell him what you did before he finds out for himself, and ask him to delete the pictures. If he doesn't agree to do it, no biggie. Like I said, it's a private account and really not important anyway. Get over yourself.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply