This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My dad just ordered for me the Blackberry Bold 9700, is it good?
03-24-2014, 04:24 PM
My dad just ordered for me the Blackberry Bold 9700, is it good?
For some reason out of the blue my dad has ordered the blackberry bold 9700 for me (iphone 4 data plans are too expensive) as I need a new phone. But I'm not a business person, I don't send emails and I rarely text people. However I do go on twitter a lot. What great features does the blackberry bold 9700 have? Thanks (:
@Jim Carter Please don't answer these questions. You always give the same answers with your affiliate links. Thanks.
**this question ^ ^
@ya0tznii yes he is very kind. i love my dad Smile sorry if that sounds cheesy haha. thanks for the answers so far!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:31 PM

Well blackberry is a pretty good phone, however it is a smaller screen with a keyboard.

Blackberry makes a number of touchscreen phones,which would be a better choice as would be an Android (google phone).

The full screen phones are better for video games and play.

Whether keyboard or touchscreen is better for typing is a matter of debate, there are touch screen phones with a slide out keyboard as well.

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:35 PM

they are great for social networking e.g twitter, facebook

camera is quite good for a 3.2mpx

music playback is clear and can get fairly loud
03-24-2014, 04:41 PM

The 9700 is a pretty decent phone, you're dad is very kind. Smile
It's true that Blackberry's are marketed towards business users, and indeed, that was their origingal target audience. But recenty they have been trying to branch out at other types of customers, in an attempt to stay competitive in rapidly changing market.
Blackberry is the 2nd largest phone company in the world (the 1st is Nokia), and they've been making phones for years and years. So you can be assured of a high quality phone when you receive it. ie, it won't keep breaking down, it's durable, reliable, and it looks very smart too..
I tend to thing that the design of a Blackberry phone is one that looks of a very high quality. Some modern phone's look very gimmicky, or kitch, a bit like a toy. Blackberrys look more grown-up.

As far as features go, it doesn't really matter that you don't text or email very much. The 9700 has a touch sensitive track pad, and a qwerty keyboard. So using twitter will be a breeze. It also has a very decent internet browser, plenty of storage space, it comes with an extra memory card too so transfering things like mp3 from your pc will be very easy too. This means that you'll have a top quality mp3 player as-well as a decent phone. ..It also has 3mp camera. So all your bases are covered.
There is also a very large community of people online who love their Blackberrys, and because of this there is a thriving app market. You can get all manner of themes, apps, games, and other stuff for free. I'd suggest looking on google and maybe joining a Blackberry forum somewhere.

All in all though, the Blackberry 9700 Curve is a quality handset. It was released about a year ago now, but it's still a very sought after phone. People who want a quality gadget always go for either Nokia or Blackberry. You're dad has done well. Lol. Smile