This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dad won't let me choose my ear piercings?
03-24-2014, 04:25 PM
Dad won't let me choose my ear piercings?
After months of asking i was told i could get my ears pierced on my birthday (back in september). Things came up it didn't happen whatever, fast forward to december we finally decide that it will happen next tuesday. Great problem is he wants me to get studs while i'd prefer tapers/tunnels. He says he "isn't comfortable with the spears" "meth heads wear those" and that i have to get studs. The way i see it is whether he is comfortable it or not is fairly irrelevant, they're going on my ears not his. I'm not comfortable wearing studs and frankly seeing as i'm the one wearing them and the one going to be dealing with them 24/7 my comfort takes top priority. I'm 16 and capable of dressing myself, i don't need my dad playing barbie with me and making me wear things I don't want to. We're 2 different people and our senses of style are completely different. Absolutely nothing wrong with that until he starts forcing his sense onto me, opposed to trying to get me to look like a younger version of him. Parents are supposed to let go as their kid grows up IMO the only time he should really intervene is if i'm trying to get something more permanent done like a tattoo, those are easily regrettable and something that shouldn't be gotten on a whim. Who's right here? :/

(also i'm not panning on stretching to absurd sizes i'd prefer to keep the hole somewhat proportionate to the size of my ear so it looks ok in most social situations.
Read the last sentence, and he never expressed concerns about the stretching portion. I won't be stretching it beyond what i can shrink it back to though before i enter the job market i'd like to have some fun with my look

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:29 PM

Your dad is right, you may not like what you have done to your ear when you are in job market.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply