This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get more customers for offline business?
03-24-2014, 04:25 PM
How to get more customers for offline business?
My dad has a retail clothing store (offline). I want to help him make more money as he is struggling a lot to pay for my college and medical bills.

I want to reach out to a lot of potential customers who search online for Shirts, Jeans, etc in my district. I'm not in a position to invest any amount of money for this
How do I go about this?

Start a blog on a free blogging platform, SEO it and give the address and contact info in the blog? or
Start a static website on free hosting service, SEO it and give the address and contact info?

I will be putting images of the store and clothing available.
I won't be adding content to it regularly ( so a website?).

Basically all I want it is to use the internet to bring in more customers to the offline store located in India. How do I accomplish this?

I will give 10 points for best answer.

Thanks!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:28 PM

Static websites tend to appear more professional than sites on blogging platforms. I know you said you won't be adding content frequently, but that is the best way to do SEO and increase your traffic. If you reconsider that strategy, here are some great resources that may help you:
http://www.businessinsider.com/10-basic-...010-1?op=1
http://www.rss-specifications.com/promote-your-blog.htm
http://searchenginewatch.com/article/232...tent-Ideas
http://www.feedforall.com/need-for-feeds.htm

Also, if you're willing to read into it a bit, you may want to consider working with keyword effectiveness index (KEI) values to help you determine which keywords to concentrate on so as to optimize your site. You can start doing some reading on KEI scores here:
http://www.searchenginepromotionhelp.com...icator.php

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:36 PM

Hi,
First, get a Google places page set up. It's free and will help when local people are searching.
Second, set up a linked Google plus account & get this linked with your Google Places page. You can then start to promote the shop on your G+ page.
Now get a Wordpress website setup - publish regular posts about promotions, new products, etc.
Then setup a Facebook page for the shop, also Twitter, Pinterest, etc - work hard cross promoting on your social media sites, including G+.
Then so traditional PR - offer promotions to local newspapers, bloggers, etc. try to get a link back to your shop website.
It's hardworking but can be very effective.
Good luck.
03-24-2014, 04:43 PM

You can use social media like Facebook and create a page of your business there if you don't want to spend money on a website. All you need to do is visit your page regularly if you update it this way people who can see your page will know that your business is still up because sometimes people might think that a business is close if there is no recent activities on the page. You can also promote your page on different groups in facebook. This will help you promote your dad's business online and more people can see it. Networking is also a great way to promote your business.
03-24-2014, 04:53 PM

If you want to start promoting your business online the best way to go is to start a static website because it's more professional than a blog site. The only downside of having a website is you need to pay for a domain name and a web hosting. To do that go to GoDaddy or Hostgator as they offer the best price.

You could also start a blog site, I personally like to go with blogging to promote a business because with blogging you can do a review where you can talk to your reader in a more non-professional way, it let them know about you and you could promote the business using funny tone in your writing and many people love reading that. You can also share your thought on why they should come and check out the business without sounding like a salesman. In addition way more people look up blogs then website.

If you start a blog one thing you need to know is you need to post new content weekly or monthly. If however your business are popular already like Amazon and eBay then there's no need for a blog. After you have set up your website or blog then you need to optimise your site so that you will get rank higher in Google like using rich keywords in your content.

You should also find other way to spread about your business online through paid advertising it's the best way to get many people's attention. You can also try setting up a Facebook page, you will get more people knowing about your business too, it's quite effective using social medias but mostly it's free to help your business grow.

There are so many ways to get your business more traffic and many are free if you need to know more or you have blog or website problem just contact me.

Hope this help. : )