This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Android phones monthly apps?
03-24-2014, 04:25 PM
Android phones monthly apps?
I have the galaxy nexus, and my dad told me that the phone bill for last month was doubled. Do you have to pay monthly for apps like google maps/gps, facebook, weather, flash player, translator and so on? My dads friend told me that for google maps/gps they charged $4.90 more each month.. the apps were free when downloading so I'm really confused... btw I have 2gb data each month,. And I know I used less than 2 gb.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:32 PM

I have the galaxy nexus, and my dad told me that the phone bill for last month was doubled. Do you have to pay monthly for apps like google maps/gps, facebook, weather, flash player, translator and so on?
-------------- hell no!!!!!! First off 1) those you listed are all FREE apps.... 2nd) even if you bought a paid app from Google Playstore, they are 1 time fees... no monthly payments... There ares SOME app exceptions to that, like Pandora Premium (((which carries a $35 fee once per years, debited directly from your credit or bank account--never your wireless bill!!!)))

My dads friend told me that for google maps/gps they charged $4.90 more each month..
-------------------ummm ok??? thats complete BS and stupid thinking!!!! Google maps is free. Google Nav is FREE too................................ the ONLY time your being charged monthly is if you click on a Verizon bloatware app and ACCEPTED additional monthly charges... like Verizon Mobile Hotspot, Verizon Navigator, Verizon Movies, Roadside Assistance, Slingbox, etc etc etc etc those stupid features no one uses... but if a non-tech person just wants to go a-wall and click on everything he/she sees on the phone screen without reading the pop-up boxes, then yes---you will be charged for those stupid Verizon Services.

the apps were free when downloading so I'm really confused... btw I have 2gb data each month,. And I know I used less than 2 gb.
------------- the apps are free. Google will want your credit/debit card number if you buy paid apps... I dont know your bill. You will need to talk to a Verizon 611 agent to discuss "why the bill has doubled"... Based on your question, the only logical explanation, is that you are going over 2GB per month... everytime you go over 2GB, you get charged another 2GB for $30... Again... talk to Verizon and see why bill is so high.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply