This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Affiliate Marketing Is Becoming a Joke?
10-15-2012, 08:10 PM
Affiliate Marketing Is Becoming a Joke?
I am not trying to troll or anything, but it seems so impossible for me to have visitors to my website. I tried these methods:

Social networks like FaceBook, Twitter, LinkedIn, MySpace, Delicious
Digg, Reddit, etc.,

Blog entries like Wordpress, Squidoo, HubPages and Live Journal.

Other methods like traffic exchange, traffic generators, 1 way links, 3 way links, search directories, ads, banners, and backlinks.

Is Affiliate marketing is even real? I have been studying this for almost 7 months with 0 sells. There are over 500+ million users on FaceBook and I can't get attention from any of them. Making many tweets on Twitter makes no process for me. I am out of ideas. Are there any free email marketing anywhere?

This is my website: http://www.toryshellclick.co.cc/

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:18 PM

I hate to say this but if you have worked so hard and still have no traffic or sales then i have to ask is there a market for your product or service?
Do research into highly searched for keywords in your industry, there are many websites that can help you. Then make a list of these pages and then start to create pages specifically around these keywords, if you do it right and have good SEO you should soon start to see traffic.

Remember one of the definitions of madness is doing the same task repeatedly and expecting a different result.

Ads

If you are trying to build traffic, you need to figure out exactly which keywords people are using to find those particular products with and then you need to find keywords related to that that hardly anyone else is using. Then, you need to build tons of high quality links to that page and take no shortcuts in your writing and link building.

I would suggest, that if you want to become an entrepreneur, then go out and start your own legit business. Learn a good and valuable skill and use the hell out of it. Then you can market that on the Internet.

Other than that, start creating your own information products and charge big bucks for just one of them. That way, you'll win if you just sell one of them. I wrote an e-book on making money as a bagpiper and I sell it for $25. The webpage is free and I sell a copy or two every month. Add that to all of the other products, adsense checks and other stuff i have been doing and it is good extra money.

God Bless,

ELMO

I'm going to tell you some things you don't want to hear.

1. You're using a free domain name. Average everyday folks are not familiar with the .co.cc
domain - and I'll guarantee you they think it's China. People who are familiar with it know it's
free and will be turned off because you're trying to sell something and won't even invest in a domain name.
Either way, you're not instilling trust.

2. The stuff you're selling is crap. Think about it. Would joe blow off the street buy it? Not likely. First of all,
he's going to be turned off by your site. Nothing but ads. One look and he - or she is gone. I'm not trying to be insulting
to what you're trying to sell, but I've been there, done that and failed. Finding useful products on paydotcom or clickbank is difficult at
best. I came across 2 myself. And one was a friend.

3. The Ultimate Resource for Affiliates? Um, no. You're trying to be something you're not. That trust thing again. Don't assume
your possible customers are dumb.

4. Your webpage is really hard to read with that background. If you do happen to nab someone's interest, that background will cause them to
leave your site and buy from someone else - on a page they can read without their eyes bleeding. White text on a dark background is tough on
the eyes, and it's worse after age 40.

These are 4 of the glaringly obvious things. There are more. You need to think about what people are going to buy, and why. Alot of folks
are broke these days and they will not blow money on an article wizard when they can write an article themselves for free. But they might consider
buying weights because they're on a diet.

Check out Target, Walmart and Kmart. They all have affiliate programs. Follow the links to see what affiliate program they use. THey most
likely are using a reputable program - one where the affiliate won't get ripped off, because this can happen. What would *you* buy from them?
Get away from the "gotta slap a gazillion ads on my page!" Folks use ad blockers these days because they don't want to see ads.

Hang out on a couple of good affiliate forums. not make money fast forums (because you are not going to make money fast):

http://www.abestweb.com/
http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5stara...grams.com/

Learn proper SEO techniques - not blackhat or greyhat. Create pages for stuff you want to sell, and write articles on those products. Best is
to try to sell what you would use.

Traffic generators don't work, are a waste of time and money and could get you banned from search engines.