This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do republicans favor the free market system?
03-24-2014, 04:26 PM
Why do republicans favor the free market system?
Just how free are the markets that allow people in positions of power to take advantage of the American public with morally and ethically questionable business practices which manipulate numbers for a period of what appears to be strong growth only to find out it was all a ponzi scheme? When the pyramid collapses, those at the top walk away with millions while the investor is left holding an empty bag. To make matters worse those holding the empty bag will now pay for those companies to recover? How stupid is that? Tell me again how republicans are all for accountability and responsibility and hate big government getting involved in business. Or is it they only want the government involved for a bailout after the company is raped? Why are republicans so for corporate welfare but not social welfare? These people aren't creating jobs, they're killing our economy. I don't consider being pissed upon trickle down.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:33 PM

its what made this the greatest country in the world. profit is not bad, communism is.

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:42 PM

Have you seen the alternatives???
03-24-2014, 04:45 PM

If the market were truly free GM and Ford would have gone under. We don't have a truly free market and never will.
03-24-2014, 04:55 PM

The free market works. It is what built this country. The liberal (which calls itself now, "democrat") point of view is one based on morality, not on what works.

Therefore, it is a natural part of a liberal point of view to have lies and twisting of the truth. It has to to make it seem like what it wants works, when it doesn't.

No one has to wait for anything to "trickle down", they can go out and get their own.

The fallacy of the liberal point of view of economics is assuming that the economy is one big pie to be divided. But it is not. Everyone can have their own pie. When wealth is created, it is not the case that it is taken away from someone else.
03-24-2014, 04:56 PM

Capitalism is the fairest, best system we have.

I vote Republican but I do NOT believe in corporate welfare, or social for that matter.

If an investor makes a bad investment and allows management to have big paychecks it is not my problem nor is it yours. Good investors make money bad lose it. In a non-capilalist system good investors lose it (via taxes) and bad investors are protected. How stupid is that?
03-24-2014, 04:59 PM

It's a fact that a capitalist free market economy promotes the most innovation and creates the most wealth.

Every modern nation on this planet has some form of a capitalist economy.

Take Norway for example: Even though the government owns some of the countries major Industries, most of their economy is run under capitalism (free market).
03-24-2014, 05:00 PM

Few people understand the sophistication of the markets in using the complex instruments available now on the market. Business, and liberals unacquainted with business seem to misunderstand or appreciate this, is risky, and, at all times.

Freddie Mack and Fannie Mae were created to bolster the mortgage market for middle class and the poor. Are they efficient? Maybe, maybe not. But one thing I know, they are NOT bastions of free enterprise in a cold calculating economic way, they were created to HELP Americans "less fortunate".

In economics, trends have bubbles, crashes, and great movement upward, too. This is the risk associated with free enterprise, and, government should not be the center of power and decision making for the markets. Politicans and lawyers understand little about such matters, my friend.
03-24-2014, 05:04 PM

Maybe you should read some Adam Smith. This was plainly evident how the free market system is superior even during Colonial times.

Wealth of Nations = wealth of knowledge.

Government serves to pervert the free market.

Supply side economics works - accounts for doubling of tax revenue by the 'rich' due to the Bush tax cuts. A rising tide floats all boats. If you could remove your veil of ignorance you would understand capital flows to where it is most free. Therefore when you make the business climate attractive you get jobs and growth in return.
03-24-2014, 05:10 PM

Wake up Ken.

We havent had a truly free market system in America for Over 150 years.
When so called "free trade" agreements are Zero pages instead of 900. Then you will have free trade again..

At this point we dont make anything here any longer.. so we might as well go to full on protectionism.