This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do I have potential as a comedian?
03-24-2014, 04:26 PM
Do I have potential as a comedian?
I am training to be a stand-up comedian, and I want to know if I have potential.

My accomplishments

I have had a joke of mine read on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon
I have had 40 jokes of mine featured in a New York Times blog
I am a featured comic on Dailycomedy.com
I have my own Twitter page of jokes, called @GroperCleveland

Some of my jokes from my Twitter page

-I left loose change in my pants, and they went through the washer. The next day, I got arrested for money laundering.
-What do you call a museum of poop? A sh!t zoo
-LeBron was ok throughout the first few quarters, but in the 4th quarter, he just collapsed. He's like a high school senior's report card.
-Is it too soon to ask Saddam Hussein, "How's it hangin'?
I forced a dry fruit to have sex with me. Is that date rape?

Now tell me; what do you think?
A shitzoo is a kind of dog

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:31 PM

those are pretty good jokes. and having a joke on jimmy fallon is something to be proud of. but it's tough to be a 1-liner style comedian in this era. it's not common, and it's not usually what people look for. you also need A LOT of material for a set, because they're short lines. so the first few times, some jokes might be weaker and not get a laugh.

i didn't like the museum of poop joke. it was the weakest of the ones i see here. and there are so many LeBron jokes that i've heard already, this one failed a bit in comparison. but the others were good.

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:34 PM

Superb jokes....the Saddam and washer jokes were awesome!
03-24-2014, 04:42 PM

Love your jokes. You would make a great comedian.

Definitely better than Drew Carey. Tongue
03-24-2014, 04:51 PM

yes you have talent, no question about it.
03-24-2014, 05:00 PM

I'd say you have definite potential. There are four main categories for being a comedian, and that's how funny your jokes are, how well you present, how easily you are able to improvise, and how you word your jokes. The first and fourth categories are obviously no problem for you, but we won't know about the second and third. Smile Just don't laugh while you're telling the jokes, don't backtrack, and make sure you speak really loudly. The improvisation thing is just talent. It seems like you have some good talent here, so you'll probably do well if this is something you really want to pursue. Big Grin