This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it disrespectful to keep someones facebook profile activated after they pass away?
10-15-2012, 08:10 PM
Is it disrespectful to keep someones facebook profile activated after they pass away?
My roommate thinks it is disrespectful to keep my deceased grandmothers facebook profile up. We keep it up like a memorial and we write on her page about how much we miss her and love her and everything. And to say happy birthday to her on her birthday. I don't know I just don't see how it is disrespectful. Any opinions/answers will help clarify! Thank you!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:18 PM

your roomate is weird... it's perfectly acceptable to keep it as a memorial page

Ads

My grandma still plays farmville for my grandpa even after he passed

not at all your room mate is stupid lots of people have sites like that http://www.ilasting.com/nickzaoutsos.php

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! you keep it open for your family and yourself and that is nobody else's business. nobody has the right to tell someone else how to deal with their grief or how you choose to honor the memory of their loved ones. i lost my only child in 1998 when she was only 23. i keep her alive in my mind and heart thru my memories and do things all the time to honor her. i just don't talk about it to many people as others can be so judgmental. i anxiously wait for the day i can see her again and tell what i have done in honor of her memory. just ignore negative comments from others who don't understand. lots was said to me i didn't' need to hear about my daughter and opinions. i choose to forgive and recognize, unless they lost someone so dear, they just can't understand. just live your life and love and don't worry about what others think. life is precious and too short to waste your energy on such things. sorry for you loss, with my thoughts and prayers. agape, babs