This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is It Immature To Delete An Ex Off Facebook?
03-24-2014, 04:30 PM
Is It Immature To Delete An Ex Off Facebook?
I had a very painful breakup recently..he broke up with me over a text, giving no reason just the " It's not you, It's me and i think it's for best" ....I don;t know what happened and what made him to act like this..I am devestated, tried to reach him and talk to him but he ignored me and my messages/calls comepeletly..... Im still hurting.. he is still on my FB.. acting like nothing has happened between us.. posting inks and sharing stuff ...should i just unfriend him? idk wut to do.. we have a lot of mutual friends too..what should i do? need your help...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:37 PM

You should just block him because seeing his posts will hurt you even more if he notices he then will try to contact you if he cares

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:39 PM

he's an ex. by looking at his FB posts you are only hurting yourself. of course delete him. from FB, from everywhere. you were not treated well. no reason for you to treat him any differently than he did you.
03-24-2014, 04:44 PM

It is the most immature thing for anyone to break up over text, at least call and be a human!
If you would like to forget about him deleting him off facebook is not immature at all.
Whatever is going to help you get over him the quickest so you can go on with your life my friendSmile
From what he said it is his fault and he doesn't deserve you at all.
If a guy does stupid things like that you do not give him the time of day, you deserve much better!

If my tips helped please choose my answer as Best Answer, much appreciated and good luck!
03-24-2014, 04:51 PM

Yes, unfriend him and don't get in touch with him. He'll just be condescending and a douche. He already is a coward by breaking up with you thru texting.

What you're looking for is closure. You could write a journal and read it once a week. But just write until you're tired. Then close the book and cry.

Make two lists: one of what he was like before the breakup. The second is about the person that he is now. The point is to understand that the person who you thought he was is no longer there. He's been replaced by this insensitive boor. (I'm still appalled that he texted your breakup.)

Finally, write him letter BUT do not mail it. At some point you'll be tired of feeling sad and that's when you burn your letter and journal. Hence, you get the closure you're looking for. We all need it. Good luck and I'm sorry that you're feeling awful. But as the cliche goes, "this too shall pass." And, you know what, it's true.