This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does the list of friends on the new facebook profile always show the same couple of friends?
03-24-2014, 04:30 PM
Why does the list of friends on the new facebook profile always show the same couple of friends?
On the new facebook profile setup (which I don't like too much...) there is a long list of 10 friends on the left side of the screen at all times on my profile. Why is it that there are always the same group of friends. There have only been like 15 or 20 different friends shown there and I have over 500...

It is really, really random too. Some of the friends I never talk to and barley know, some are my best friends that are my "top followers", some are my siblings... Etc...

Why is this hodgepodge of friends always the same group of people? How does it pick the people that it shows?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:31 PM

well its just random....

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:39 PM

I've been wondering the same thing all evening!! This is what I've found so far, this is straight from facebooks help page:
"How does Facebook decide which friends appear on my profile?
Friends who you publicly interact with the most appear first on your profile. Examples of public interactions include Wall posts, comments and mutually attended events — Facebook will never show friends based on whose profiles you choose to view or who you interact with over messages and chat."

Not so sure if I believe that based on what I've seen so far.. I do feel like who you view and interact with are influenced whether they admit it or not. Could be wrong though, I have no idea.. this is the closest to coming to an answer I've found so far...
I don't like that it continues to show the same friends over and over rather than being more random.