This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
about facebook and privacy settings. im new to facebook?
03-24-2014, 04:32 PM
about facebook and privacy settings. im new to facebook?
I am new to facebook and have not created one yet.
I want to create a facebook profile since everyone is there.

So my question is how to keep your whos your friends all in privacy? so that no other strangers can view who my friends are ? is that posible ? i know myspace.com can do that keep things privacy and minimal.

When i log out... can people who is not log in can still view my profile?

What if i want my picture to be privacy? and only one image to be visible to everyone ?
What if i want to keep my friends annonymouse in my list so that no ather new people can view them specialy when checking my profile out when i log out. Or them log out.

Course i know you can view peoples profile with whos your friends and 1 image of you.

So if i set my pictures all privacy will there be one image still viewable to public ?

WILL RATE YOU FOR BEST REPLY FOR THIS IN FULL QUESTION ANSWERED.
goodluck

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:42 PM

Just go into account,privacy settings & profile information,you can change everything in there. But also go to search too as you can change how your info comes up in a search engine. if you don't edit this, all ur info can come up when someone puts ur name in google

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:49 PM

answer for all your questions are yes.

you can adjust privacy for every single part of your profile. there is also a page that you can test how people will see your profile, even if they are in your friend list.

when you create a profile, by default some options are on. people can add you and see your profile pictures (it is uploaded in special place) but not the rest of your photo album.

you can adjust privacy settings by user groups or single names. it means if you have group of users like Classmates, you can adjust in a way that they only see your school email and not the personal email and for group of your Family they might see your phone number too if you say so.

you can see all these privacy settings in Privacy Settings inside Account menu on top right of the screen after you login.
03-24-2014, 04:58 PM

Hi,

So first create your account. You will have no friends at this point so nows the time to set your privacy and a few other bits and bobs. Be very brief when creating your account, like dont upload your pic or anything yet. Do all that AFTER you set your 'Privacy Settings'.

First though (as you have no friends yet) I would recommend creating lists for your friends. For example I have 'Best Mates', 'People From Work' and 'Limited Profile' as lists for my friends and I have different permissions for those lists, as I dont want 'People From Work' to see my photos and my 'Limited Profile' to see certain other things.

To do this click on 'Friends' which you will find on the left of your facebook 'home'.
You will see 'Create List' at the top and so get creating lists to land your friends in once you start accepting friend requests later.

Now for the privacy settings... Are you asleep yet?

At the top of your facebook page you will see 'ACCOUNT' when you go to it a drop down menu appears, click on 'PRIVACY SETTINGS' you will need to change all the settings within there. It's a bit tedious mind you, but its a must!

It is here that you will be able to make your profile stuff and photos only viewable by 'only friends' (and you can exclude certain lists of friends). You will also be able to edit your 'Search' listing results, meaning you can edit who can see your listing, both on Facebook and Search engines.
Set 'Facebook Search Results' to 'Only Friends' and untick 'Public Search Results', this will mean only your friends can see your listing and nobody else. There are a million other settings in 'Privacy Settings' for you to tweak, theyre important so make sure you do it.

Once you have these settings the way you want them, you can add your profile pic, your personal details, photo albums and start sending out friend requests to your friends and accepting them. Dont forget to add your friends to the lists you created.

If you set all your settings correctly then nobody who is not logged in will be able to see anything about you, including your profile pic or friends.

Your question is a broad one, but I hope I havent missed anything. If I have, there is a section on my website for setting your privacy on facebook, it includes images and step by step instructions so if you get lost with what I'm saying here or need additional info, then check out my source at the bottom of this answer for lots more detail.

Good luck!