This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
should I leave him for being pro life?
03-24-2014, 04:35 PM

It's time to determine your priorities and decide if this one issue is so important to make you chuck the entire relationship. Couples don't always agree on every issue, and many manage to have loving relationships in spite of it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:35 PM

What exactly does any of this have to do with weddings?

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:40 PM

Well if it were me, I'd have gotten rid of you a long time ago -- you sound like very high maintenance.
03-24-2014, 04:48 PM

Yep, because this isn't an issue you can just agree to disagree on without it having any impact on your life. If you get pregnant and you don't want to be a mother at that point in your life for whatever reason, or there are going to be serious issues with the pregnancy/fetus, this guy will still expect you to carry to term. And frankly, the fact he's trying to tie you down with a kid combined with his age and his complete lack of concern for whether you want sex as much as he does suggests he's with you because he thinks he can push you into doing whatever he wants. Call it quits and find a guy who respects you and shares your values.
03-24-2014, 04:50 PM

Why are you with someone who is a decade and a half (15 years older) than you are? You should be dating someone closer to your own age. If you don't like his pro-life beliefs, than you should date someone who has the same beliefs that you do. Yes I think you two should break up, because it's obvious you both want different things from life.
03-24-2014, 04:59 PM

It's long past time to call it a day. I don't believe you two are compatible in any way.
03-24-2014, 05:06 PM

A man doesn't have a right to an opinion that babies shouldn't die? Interesting.

This really isn't a wedding problem. If you're this far apart, you should call it a day.

If your periods are this painful, you should consult your OB/GYN for some help. If you're suffering like this, asking him to do something about the pain when you won't do anything yourself is being kind of a drama queen.

The two of you are very poorly matched. If he wants a baby, he's not going to stop nagging, there will just be a greater or lesser amount of nagging. You are far apart in age. You're in different places in your lives. You want different things.

I don't understand why you're with him, unless he provides you with financial security. And that's not a very liberated position for a woman to take, in this day and age.
03-24-2014, 05:08 PM

Yes, be done with him. He has no feeling for women. He's very self - centered and controlling.

If you have kids, you'll bear the brunt of the work load since he sees that as YOUR job....aaargh!
03-24-2014, 05:10 PM

This is what you sound like, "My fiance and I are at two completely different stages of our lives and want two completely different things. We have opposing political and moral views and I find his to be intolerable. On top of that he doesn't treat me very well." Is it time to call it a day? What do you think?
03-24-2014, 05:17 PM

Well perhaps I may have misinterpreted some of the things you said but having a child is something BOTH parties decide and agree on. It's not one sided and never will be, until a day comes that you can reproduce A-Sexually or without the need of sex. So with respect get that into your head.

That being said there are times when you don't decide and the baby simply comes along and depending on the people and how responsible they are, naturally depend on what type of life you and the baby will have.

As for this guy your with, he sounds like a wanker to be honest. If your on your period and it hurts and he is actually off work or simply at home with you, he should be doing the best that he can to make you comfortable and of course to put up with the variety of moods you'd be in, ha.

-He seems to me to be an unstable guy, wants kids so he nags you about it and he's 15 years older than you?

-When your sore as all hell on your period he doesn't give a f*ck and simply wants sex.

Darlin, im 24 and in the last 6 years I have been through more than most experience in 20 years. It's time like you said "To call it a day."

Of course I don't know the chap or you but you will be much better off without this guy.

A real man cares for his woman and supports her through everything, doesn't pressure her and treats her like a queen. Of course vice versa applies.

best of luck.