This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is this a bad reason to stop being friends with this girl?
03-24-2014, 04:33 PM
Is this a bad reason to stop being friends with this girl?
Thank you to the previous answer, just wanting to hear from anyone else as I only got one answer before
I met her on a website similar to meetup.com, we are both straight women looking for new friends.

She is a few years younger than me but we are both in our 20's.

I think she is very nice but we don't click. It is painfully awkward for me because of all the silences.

Not only that, but she often times seems totally different in person than in her texts. Like she has acted miffed with me. One time she looked at me with dread and kept huffing. Then it was fine for a while and more recently (the last time I saw her) she just acted like she was gracing me with her presence- or at least something she said made me feel that way. This could have just been a passing thing, who knows.

But in all honesty, I think she is a sweet girl and I can't think of anything bad about her.
She invites me out to things. Sometimes I wonder if I am just helping to make up the "head count" though.

We just don't click. We don't mesh. It feels 100% forced and the friendship basically came out of thin air.

I struggle with the decision to end the friendship because I sought out friendships and got one. It feels silly to throw it away.

But every time I go out with her I say in my head "this is the last time," and I ONLY have fun with her in a group, in which we hardly talk to eachother. And I dread when she asks me if I want to do something. I just feel like UGHHH she isn't going to talk and then I scramble for things to say. I just find it uncomfortable and not fun

She is extremely outgoing and I am not at all. Not even a little.

I just don't ever feel like I want to get together with her and I feel bad. I just remember last time we got together I felt left out and like the outing was just something to put on Facebook.

I pointed out things I felt were negatives, but overall I just don't think we click.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:36 PM

Try doing some completely different things. You just need to do something that clicks. It will give you a totally new outlook.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply