This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Whats wrong with teens these days?
03-24-2014, 04:33 PM
Whats wrong with teens these days?
I am a 16 year old girl. And I love life, cute things, and I hate seeing people hurt. I thought most people did. But now it seems like everybody my age is going crazy! Theyre obsessed with suicide, cutting, pretending to be anorexic and all of these scary things. I'm a one direction fan (please dont hate me) and so i look at 1D pictures on instagram and i came across ALL this weird stuff. These girls are like calling themselves 'satan666' and that type of thing and theyre posting pictures of the band members where theyve edited them with devils and cut their eyes out and put devil symbols and cuts and scars and stitches and cracks on their faces. Stuff that i cant even unsee. Im really scared and i feel lost and helpless because these are the people who are my generation and who i'll be living with socializing and working with and theyre SCARY! if they love all that stuff when they are the adults in control is it just going to be a demonic killing spree every day? Is this just a phase they will grow out of? please help me or give your opinion. Did people do this back in previous years, just that there was no social media to see it on? Or is this going to be what makes the end of the world? Im nervous and upset about it because theres no getting away from all of them. Its like being in a horror movie ? please help me. thanks

PS what caused this? is it peoples lack of parenting? i knew that thats why kids are such brats but is it why theyre crazy?
Oh okay, so I'm judgemental because I'm afraid the world is going to go downhill when these frightening people get loose in society. I didn't even say anything to them nor am I personally calling anybody out. And being bullied doesn't have a valid connection to the devil at all. Everybody gets bullied so yeah.
I didn't say that Вαиgтαиღ , you don't need to answer based on false assumption. If I thought every teen was like that wouldn't I think I WAS. Please read.
I'm not referring to the VERY few people who actually DO have real problems, like their parents abuse them or things like that. I'm talking about the people who's parents won't buy them an ipad or their 'crush doesnt like them back' who post pictures of them cutting themselves about it or say they want to kill themselves over it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:36 PM

Im on the same boat. I'm 14 I love school and life and don't understand how people can be depressed.

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:46 PM

It's the media

And the parents fault too, they give in to there kids and give them wayyy to much freedom.
03-24-2014, 04:50 PM

I think you should mind your own business. I mean it's not like these people sought you out and forced you to look at their sh*t. This just seems like a massively judgemental question to me. You asked us not to hate you because of your admiration for 1D but then you go on to judge others. That's a real hypocritical thing to do. As long as they aren't hurting you or your loved ones directly, let them be.

Edit: You're judgemental for exactly that reason. I can't stand people who claim that people who are different from them are evil or bad. That's essentially what you're saying here.

And how do you know that being bullied doesn't turn people to that kind of thing? It very well could. People react to bullying in radically different ways.
03-24-2014, 04:53 PM

Ok, people can be depressed because of bullying, bad home life, cyberbullying, they might have a problem, they could have lost a very close loved one, they could have a life threatening disease, some people become mentally unstable and suffer from depression that's why so many people create pictures of them with no eyes or call them selfs satan!
03-24-2014, 04:58 PM

So you see random sh*t on the internet and assume every single teen, everywhere, all around the world is like that? Yeah, that's totally valid.
03-24-2014, 05:00 PM

First of all, not all teens are like this. You're describing a select few who are into that whole death rocker vibe. Plus, it's extremely rude for you to judge people for being suicidal or depressed. Just because someone is suicidal or they self harm doesn't mean they're "obsessed with suicide and cutting."

Anyway, there are multiple reasons - the media romanticizes violence and suicide; school is very demanding; and death rockers are growing in popularity. The main reason is that a lot of kids these days have depression and anxiety, which can result in this behavior. Depression or anxiety can be caused by school, death of a loved one, bullying, bad home life, etc. Don't judge people for being depressed (that's mainly directed at the answers that said "I love life I don't understand why anyone is depressed").

PS Just because these kids are into dark stuff doesn't mean they're going to become murderers... you need to learn to be tougher. It's extremely childish and unreasonable to be scared that your future coworkers will murder you.

PPS Yes, people have acted like this in past decades. Research Marilyn Manson, the band Mayhem, etc... not only did they do f*cked up stuff; I'm sure their fans did as well.
03-24-2014, 05:09 PM

I know.
03-24-2014, 05:12 PM

They don&#x27;t have any discipline in their life. I hate emos so freaking much.
03-24-2014, 05:14 PM

I know the sort of teens you're talking about. But they are nothing to worry about. Their sense of style is rather frighting, It's just a more aggressive emo theme, but they are not in anyway evil. But they are annoyingly stubborn. To be honest, I feel sorry for some because they sometimes cross over to a self abusive lifestyle.