This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Teens: Are your parents strict?
03-24-2014, 04:34 PM
Teens: Are your parents strict?
Just wondering! My mum isn't strict at all, as long as I go to school and get good grades and don't smoke, do drugs or get pregnant and I don't stay out too late I'm fine. I'm also not allowed to get into cars with boys. But I would never do any of that stuff anyway so it's ok lol! I'm 14.

What are yous like? Also, what age are you?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:39 PM

Not really, my mom&#x27;s rules are reasonable. I&#x27;m 17.

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:44 PM

Hell yah and I'm 14 as well.
03-24-2014, 04:48 PM

Omg, My mom is SUPER strict and overprotective. I'm 13. She doesnt let me wear a bra bra just sports bra.. If I ever go skating I need to go with my brother. I can't wear any makeup ( eventhough I HATE makeup) she didnt even pierce my ears. She said she wants me to be as natural as possible.. She doesnt let me put shorts that are super short.( I dont like them anyways) she doesnt let me go outside when shes not home. And also does not let me go to my friends house only for birthday parties or project for school. If I ever get a bad grade she makes me redo it. Whatta shame lol. But atleast im not a trashy, undisciplined girl lool Wink
03-24-2014, 04:55 PM

Its weird somethings they are crazy about- school, clothing, who I can hangout with. Though other things they are so lax with like when I grabbed a beer from the fridge in front of my dad and told him I was off to do homework. He just laughed and poured me a small glass saying he imagined I would do better on my paper if I was not drunk. Or when I got a Facebook account when they told me not to they yelled at me for 10 minutes and then my mom emailed me photos I should post. C's are unacceptable grades (and I just mean on an individual assignment), any guy (even if we are not dating) has to come into the house to meet my parents, if my parents don't like my friends they won't let me do stuff with them (none of my friends do anything bad- its more my parents think they are mean/disrespectful or they don't focus enough on school). If I backtalk my parents I lose my allowance for a month. Though I can swear and even curse at my parents (my mom and I have a weird thing where she call me her little sh*t head and I call her my b*tch c*nt-- we are both joking). (this is from when I was 14-17)
03-24-2014, 05:05 PM

Yes, I think my mom is strict. Not for the things we are not allowed. I think we are given plenty of freedom and space to experiment. She is far from overprotective. I think she's strict because when we screw up, consequences are pretty extreme and her anger burns like seven hells.

My mom has a very specific set of expectations that are not over the top, but somehow hard to follow for most kids I know. I only dared to talk back to her once, when I was eight, and I saw life pass right through my eyes. She is the boss, we are her troop, and when she talks we are not going to bargain or try to make each other feel better, her will is our command.

And, for the most part she is a very cool, fair boss. She gives us space and privacy, does not prevent us from haging out with people we choose and we express opinions without punshiment. But if we deviate from some basic rules: collaborate with the house, do not worry me and do well in school, its game over.
03-24-2014, 05:13 PM

Kind-of strictish i guess. Most of the rules are reasonable, but i cant date guys until im 16. Or i have to ask them. Not that boys are interested in me anyways...
03-24-2014, 05:16 PM

I'm 17 and my parents have always been the kind of cool ones. They have a modern way of thinking and are not strict, but decent.
03-24-2014, 05:24 PM

They're a little strict, but for the most part, they are reasonable. I'm in college, so I only have to follow their rules on breaks. However, some things they have said have stuck with me. I am one of the few college students who does not do drugs or drink. I'm 18.
03-24-2014, 05:33 PM

Nope, my parents rules are fairly reasonable. And if there is an unreasonable rule, I can often get around it by having a conversation with them. I wasn't allowed to date until I was 17, but I talked to them about it after a boy asked me out, and I'm allowed to date now Smile