This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can you remove searches on Facebook?
03-24-2014, 04:36 PM
Can you remove searches on Facebook?
This is probably impossible and a really dumb question but here goes.

You know when you're on Facebook, and you go to search for people or pages, and as you're typing, the results start to come up and the ones at the top are people that you search a lot?
For example, when I type in "K", my sister is at the top (whose name starts with a "K").
So I'm wondering, is there any way to make it so someone stops popping up at the top? Every time I type a certain letter, my ex's name pops up first but I haven't gone to his profile in a long time and I'm sick of him popping up, we're not even Facebook friends anymore.

Sorry if this is dumb or confusing. It would just be convenient to get rid of this.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:38 PM

You can clear the cookies and cache after signing out, but I highly doubt that will do anything to solve that. Facebook is that way and there isn't much that you could do about it.

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:46 PM

clear your cache and cookies, then reboot
03-24-2014, 04:49 PM

I think that's just part of the Search on Facebook . . . I've never tried to get rid of it. I find it quite handy to have most of the time . . .

As far as your Ex is concerned . . . maybe you aren't Friends, but Facebook remembers that you were? Maybe if you go to his Profile & Blocked him it would make him go away . . . it's worth a try.