This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to say Thank you to my vet?
03-24-2014, 04:36 PM
How to say Thank you to my vet?
My vet clinic is just...the best clinic in the whole state i think..the staff is always friendly and upbeat..when we had to euthinize are old dog in 2009 who had stage 4 lung cancer they sent us a card saying they were sorry. With our current dogs i just feel like they love them as much as we do and even praised me today on buying heartworm preventive every month (made my day!) i don't have the money for a cash donation..but i really want to say thank you and give back...how can i?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:40 PM

Send a thank you not in the mail! People really appreciate handwritten notes and it will show that you really care about everything that they do because you took your time to write a handwritten notes. Sometimes this says more to them than money because this way they can look at your appreciation everyday. Plus, you can take your time to think out exactly what you want to write this way rather than an awkward speech in person.

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:45 PM

Send them a nice Thank You card with everything you wrote here. Vets like this are as rare as hens teeth these days and deserve all the support they can get. The card will be much appreciated and passed around all the staff.
Makes a nice change to here something positive Smile
03-24-2014, 04:49 PM

Maybe the next time you go in, you bring a box of Dunkin' Donuts coffee or a box of pastry or even a small basket of fruit.

I think it's really great that you really like your vet and that your looking to show them your appreciation.
03-24-2014, 04:52 PM

I would bring them a Basket or plant. If it's a small place that would be fine.. Or homemade cookies..Everyone loves that!
03-24-2014, 04:56 PM

You don't need to send a thank you card. There are two better options.

If it's a small vet clinic with just a few employees then take some bagels or donuts in for them or get the clinic lunch someday.

OR You can post on their facebook page, give positive yelp, google, etc reviews and refer people to them. That will be more helpful to their business. Of course you can also send a thank you card if you'd like but if you want to do even more then you can do one or both of these other options.
03-24-2014, 05:05 PM

You don't have to do something big to say thank you. In my school, we are always told that even smiling at someone can make their day. Give each of them a rose (girls) and the guys a nice thing such as doughnut or chocolate. It doesn't have to big to have someone think "Hey, i'm making a huge difference in peoples lives" or "wow. i do mean a lot." For a lot of these people it's hard but just remember, sometimes small things are better than big. Wink
03-24-2014, 05:13 PM

I work at a vet hospital, and I can tell you that we sincerely appreciate notes from our clients. They are always posted so everyone can see them!

If your vet hospital has a facebook page or website, you could consider putting your message there, for other clients to see. That's always nice.

Our clients have sent fruit baskets, flowers, we even had a full meal catered and sent to us. Someone else paid for ice cream last summer and sent the ice cream truck to us. But I have to say, it's those heartfelt notes that mean the most!

Those of us who work in the veterinary field just do it for the pets we care for. Appreciation is just a very kind extra for us.

I bet you are an amazing client!
03-24-2014, 05:19 PM

send a thank you card in the mail.
03-24-2014, 05:27 PM

Write them a heartfelt letter (best idea). and/or Write to your local paper, praising the doctor and staff.