This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What should I major in college? Communications, Marketing, or Computer Science?
10-15-2012, 08:10 PM
What should I major in college? Communications, Marketing, or Computer Science?
I've always been that person that always have a plan career ahead of them and now at the most important point in my life I now don't know what to do. I was thinking maybe doing something in social media and working with social media companies (for ex. Facebook, Skout, Twitter, ect.) to help promote and make the company better with the community. Like a community manager but I don't know what I would do to get a job like this. I'm really iffy about all 3 majors. I like computer science but it's almost too technical for me. Marketing is good but the business world is so catty. I'm interested in communications but getting a career after graduation is hard. What should I do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:19 PM

Computer science mite be a little hard and communications is really boring I would do markitting u can making a lot of money

Ads

I would recommend that you take some career and major test/quizzes. I think the problem here is that you are thinking about too many things at once; you need to just focus on one thing that you are really interested in. If you want to become a city manager, you should major in Public Administration, Political Science, Public Policy, or something related to the government. If you are interested in doing something in social networking, you should major in communications, computer science, or maybe even marketing. There isn't really a specific major for social networking, but the guy who created Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, was a computer scientist. If you are REALLY interested in majoring in communications, I say go for it. It is hard for anybody to get a job in this economy, so you shouldn't really use that as an excuse. I recommend that you do a lot of internships in college for various business, if you are going to major in communications, so you will have a better chance at getting a job after graduation. I really think you should do a little bit more research on the careers you are interested in also. If you are interested in taking career tests, you should surf the web for some or go to princetonreview.com. There are also youtube videos about careers. Good luck on everything Smile

social media is really a nice work to do. This is a work which can be done from home also, no need to invest in big office setup. In social media marketing you can start directory work also like http://www.directory.ac With social network like Facebook, twitter etc you can do your Business Listing. In social Media Marketing you can be your own manager.