This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Mom Doesn't Trust Me Online?
03-24-2014, 04:38 PM
My Mom Doesn't Trust Me Online?
I got a laptop for Christmas, and I REALLY don't think my mom trusts me on the internet, or anything in general. She always thinks I go on bad sites, or look at bad pictures, WHEN I DONT. Tonight she freaked out because she came in and went behind my screen and I tilted my screen down, because I was typing something private to my friend. (Nothing bad) Just something I didn't really want her to read. She was like '' What are you doing that you had to tilt your screen!?'' I told her the truth and shes like lets see it! I showed her our convo, but scrolling fast so she wouldnt read it. She truly does not trust me, and it makes me feel absolutely TERRIBLE. I never do anything bad or talk to people I don't know on the internet, facebook, anything like that. How can I earn her trust so she doesnt constantly want to check on me? And i have told her that its not that im doing stuff bad, i dont have anything to hide, i just dont like people standing over my shoulder looking at my facebook, tumblr, twitter page. What do I do!? Thanks, anything helps.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:41 PM

She is being very over protective, but in sorry so say, but unless you can convince her to let you breath for once, your living in her house under her rules. It sucks because I'm in a similar situation with both my parents. Just try to seem as if you are very innocent and dont do anything too private so she won't feel the need to watch you all the time, and when she realizes how innocent you are being, she will stop bothering you as much

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:47 PM

It may not be that she doesn't trust you but rather that she doesn't trust everyone or anything on the internet. Today, everything happens on the internet... You find out about things you never knew of, people get cyber bullied and cyber stocking can happen to everyone. As a parent, when you see your child pulling down the screen it automatically creates a red flag. Recently my daughter created a twitter account without my permission. She did not see any harm behind it but then I explained that in my eyes if a 20 year old (she is a minor) is following her as a fan that it a huge concern and that in her eyes its just another follower. Depending on your age, I suggest you sit down and talk to her. Depending on your age, you can ask for more trust and make her feel at ease that if anything does concern you, that you promise you will bring it to her attention. Good luck!