This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you feel about pit bulls?... (if you hate them maybe you should read this.)?
03-24-2014, 04:38 PM
How do you feel about pit bulls?... (if you hate them maybe you should read this.)?
(IF you think of the breed as bad then maybe this will change you....)

don't jude to breed- LEARN
*Pit bulls have an average score that beats even the "ultimate family dog", the Golden Retriever. *American Temperament Test SocietyThe ADBA registered 220,000 APBTs in 1999, making them the #1 dog in America. According to the latest statistics, Pit Bulls do NOT top the chart when it comes to deadly dog attacks. The Center for Disease Control site.
*Even the CDC supports the position that irresponsible owners, not breed, are the chief cause of dog bites.
*This breed is EXTREMELY loyal to their owners and does as they are instructed, in my opinion. It is unfortunate that so many people misunderstand them.
* Animal shelters in the United States euthanized approximately 1.7 million dogs in 2008; approximately 980,000, or 58 percent of these were assessed to have been pit bull-type dogs.

SOME WAYS TO HELP- find the Pit Bulls homes - help send to rescues so they wont be killed- SPONSER a pit bull so it can be adopted or go to a rescue OR foster care a pit bull from a shelter. tell people the facts, etc.

search Dogsindanger.com

PetFinder / AdoptAPet

WATCH -
pit bulls & parolees
Pit boss
the dogs whisperer (there was a special epsiode about "bad breeds" & it stated the truth about how they really are I can't find what episode it was though.

cute baby pit bull @ Coles County in IL. (In 2010 they humanly killed 100 pits & not becasue they were mean.)
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbi...2540247560

7 days left to live
http://dogsindanger.com/dog.jsp?did=1296788688699

clyde 2 days left!
http://dogsindanger.com/dog.jsp?did=1294795031503

patty 2 days
http://dogsindanger.com/dog.jsp?did=1294259743145

tu has 10 days-
http://dogsindanger.com/dog.jsp?did=1296738506932

tessa- @ Owensboro, KY- lots of pits in KY-
http://dogsindanger.com/dog.jsp?did=1294613950130

MANY MORE.....

(JUST SHARING WHAT I KNOW.)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:44 PM

Exactly, it's not the dog that's wrong, it's the owner that has mistreated it.

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:52 PM

I have a Min Pin and it's always fun to watch other small dog ownerssquirm when I let my little guy play with Pits at the dog park. He loves them. And of all the "bigger" dogs, they are always the most gentle with him. If I ever get a bigger breed dog again, it'll definitely be a Pit Bull.
03-24-2014, 04:58 PM

It is the over loyalty that concerns me. It can turn into guarding or aggression to other people. Some people consider this OK and feel happy their dog is taking care of them.. Yeah, and some of us are scared of pits for good reason. I don't doubt they're are lot of them. There are many many of them in the shelter. They're one of our top euthanasias. I feel bad for them, but I fear them in general since I know there are so many reckless people that will breed them bad, not socialize them, use them as a status symbol, hit them to get their way, not control the dominant or aggressive behavior, act like their dog won't hurt a fly and therefore won't monitor them good, want to use them for fights, will put them outside chained to protect their yard, etc.

I do think it's nice of you to try to persuade people. Perhaps (if you have a pit) you can have him/her as a wonderful example of the breed and change some people's minds. I have met one pit before that was wonderful... but there are so many I've met that weren't. That is why I'm for strong restrictions, but not an all out ban. Many people don't actually hate them.. they are scared of them.. and maybe not them only, but their owners. We don't know who raised their dogs well.
03-24-2014, 05:00 PM

BAN Breed Specific Legislation ~ Punish the DEED not the BREED!!! Obviously I love Pit Bulls. I am the proud mother of a beautiful 9 year old Pit Bull named Galaxy. She is the love of my life, the sweetest little thing you'll ever meet and loved by everyone that meets her. I have never know a more kind hearted, affectionate, fun loving animal in my life.
03-24-2014, 05:08 PM

I love pits, I feel bad that they are so misjudged and misunderstood. They are great pets and thank you for posting this information to help people understand them better.
03-24-2014, 05:12 PM

Any animal (or human) has the potential to be dangerous with a dog if it is brought up with care respect and clear rules from being young it wouldn't be a danger if its taught to bite and be aggressive that's what the animal believes is correct.

I have a 17 month old staffie (apparently "devil dogs") shes loves everyone

Defiantly the owner not the dog
03-24-2014, 05:15 PM

LOOK ! ! Dogs get put down every day. I cannot, in my wildest dreams, ever hope to save all of them. And while I have no use for pit bulls I neither hate or dislike them.

I could just as easily post a list of every dog breed that is scheduled for euthanasia today and it would solve neither the problem or prevent one of these dogs being put down.

( JUST SHARING WHAT I AND EVERYONE ELSE IS ALREADY PAINFULLY AWARE OF ).
03-24-2014, 05:17 PM

maybe you could post some current statistics and stop living in the past ... what you have posted is from 1999 ... were you even alive then ??? try some current valid data, this is from 2010:

"The deadliest dogs

Merritt Clifton, editor of Animal People, has conducted an unusually detailed study of dog bites from 1982 to the present. The Clifton study show the number of serious canine-inflicted injuries by breed. The author's observations about the breeds and generally how to deal with the dangerous dog problem are enlightening.

According to the Clifton study, pit bulls, Rottweilers, Presa Canarios and their mixes are responsible for 74% of attacks that were included in the study, 68% of the attacks upon children, 82% of the attacks upon adults, 65% of the deaths, and 68% of the maimings. In more than two-thirds of the cases included in the study, the life-threatening or fatal attack was apparently the first known dangerous behavior by the animal in question. Clifton states:

If almost any other dog has a bad moment, someone may get bitten, but will not be maimed for life or killed, and the actuarial risk is accordingly reasonable. If a pit bull terrier or a Rottweiler has a bad moment, often someone is maimed or killed--and that has now created off-the-chart actuarial risk, for which the dogs as well as their victims are paying the price.

Clifton's opinions are as interesting as his statistics. For example, he says, "Pit bulls and Rottweilers are accordingly dogs who not only must be handled with special precautions, but also must be regulated with special requirements appropriate to the risk they may pose to the public and other animals, if they are to be kept at all."

there is no need to find these dogs homes, they are weapons, not pets ... every single one in a shelter right now should be euthanized as these "dogs" are nothing more than a waste of space and resources and a danger to any around including their owners ...
03-24-2014, 05:23 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNP5o1qSRrg

these are NOT cute little poodles

these ARE vicious animals !!

....its like having a pet alligator