This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the best place to learn Salsa in Medellin?
03-24-2014, 04:39 PM
What is the best place to learn Salsa in Medellin?
I want to know the best salsa classes in medellin, I would like to spend 2 or 3 weeks in Medellin , and I want to learn how to dance salsa in Colombia, any recommendations of places where you actually have taken lessons would really help, thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:43 PM

When you get there you should ask around. The people are so friendly they might just show you how their own selves.

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:49 PM

I visited Medellin for 3 weeks and had taken amazing lessons at Santo Baile and went from having no salsa experience to being completely competent and comfortable dancing salsa, bachata, reggeaton, 'vallenatos and cumbia' (Traditional Colombia music.)

The studio is set in one of Medellin's most beautiful areas, El Poblado, surrounded by trees, cafes, restaurants and rivers. Santo Baile's studio is split into two areas hosting group lessons and private lessons, respectively. The owners are from Cali, which is the birth city of salsa and where we find most of the world salsa champions are from.

Great ambiance, great lessons, amazing results and most of all they made learning salsa really fun.

I've posted the address here and website for those that are interested.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SantoBailePoblado

Address:
Santo Baile is in El Poblado:
Cra 35 #7-24
05001000, Medellín, Antioquia

Phone: +57 4 2665650
Email: santobaile@gmail.com
03-24-2014, 04:50 PM

I agree completely with the response Blake has given. While I did not have the success Blake has had. No doubt due to my limitations rather than with the instruction. I return to Medellin for 2 weeks over New Years to finish the dance package I purchased.

Good value, good fun and great people.

Santo Baile.....you will not be disappointed.
03-24-2014, 04:57 PM

Hi Anne,

You have the best answers already!

I was in Medellin in July of this year and took two weeks of classes with Yul at Santo Baile. I highly recommend Yul and all the team at Santo Baile, it was a fantastic place to learn.

They can teach you any style you'd prefer. Yul was my main teacher and Myra joined us sometimes to teach me female styling.

Everyone at the studio was very sweet and I learnt a lot in the short time I was with them.

The studio is in a great location. As a single female traveler I enjoyed staying in the area and was able to walk to and from the studio.

Let me know if I can help you with any other info.

Cheers,
Andrea