This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What kind of person constantly posts pictures of herself on facebook?
03-24-2014, 04:39 PM
What kind of person constantly posts pictures of herself on facebook?
she constantly and excessively posts pictures of herself dressed in different clothes, out with friends, in different poses, and make it seem like she's having the best time of her life. Her facebook is filled with pictures of her and she's constantly online updating her pictures. She likes to filter the pictures too and it's as if she gets dressed up, takes the pictures and poses for them just so she can put them on facebook.

What would motivate someone to act this way? I know lots of extremely extroverted people who don't do this so I think it's more than just her being extroverted. What would make someone want to put so much energy doing something like this?
lol nicole, are you also an attention whore and my question hit a nerve? lol

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:47 PM

Its called being an attention whore, probably a bit of a drama queen too isn't she? She simply wants to be the center of the universe and this is how she thinks shes doing it.

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:55 PM

self esteem. It obviously makes her feel important, or she just simply enjoys dressing up and taking pictures. it makes her happy. I have friends on facebook who do the exact same thing and it really gets on my nerves, but you've just got to ignore it and realise that they are just doing it for attention.
Smile
03-24-2014, 05:03 PM

An egomaniac.
03-24-2014, 05:07 PM

She is probably egotistic and posting her pictures is one of her avenue to satisfy her ego.
03-24-2014, 05:09 PM

It is a way to stroke her ego.
03-24-2014, 05:12 PM

It is called being an "attention whore". She craves the attention. She is also probably self absorbed and craves approval. Bottom line? She is secretly insecure.
03-24-2014, 05:13 PM

She is desperate for attention and works hard to get it, a bad way to go through life.
03-24-2014, 05:15 PM

It has nothing to do with being extroverted; what you describe is typical narcissistic behaviour.

The motivation is ego-stroking, they need LOTS of it, and are convinced of their own beauty, specialness, rightness in all things, etc. Such a person will only post pictures that cast them in the best possible light, eg makeup, hair, overly posed, etc ... never in a less-than-flattering picture or phase of life. They need to be both idealised and idolised.

Not good material for marriage or motherhood, but if she's just a friend or acquaintance, leave her to it. Defriend when you're thoroughly bored of it all and/or ready to mix with a better class of (more interesting) people.
03-24-2014, 05:23 PM

Narcissistic. I feel sorry for her. She seems desperate for constant attention, as if she'd die without it.