This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Deleting Facebook Account?
03-24-2014, 04:40 PM
Deleting Facebook Account?
I want to delete my Facebook account permanently.

I recently de-activated it but discovered (after watching various Youtube videos) that this does not permanently delete the account.

So (after some direction from a CNN video) I clicked on "Help" and then clicked on a tab that gave advice on how to delete my account. I followed the advice, entered my pasword and the security words and thus the process of deleltion was complete.

I logged back in with my old username and password and a message came up and informed me that my account was due for deletion on a certain date. It then gave me two options: Eithe cancel request or de-activate account. I did not want to cancel my deletion request so I clicked on "De-activate account"

I was wondering, does this mean my account is simply de-activated until the date of deletion, or does it mean that it will be de-activated as opposed to being deleted?

And does anyone know the current position on the Terms of Service. I am aware that these terms changed twice, once to a stance where Facebook retained the rights despite deletion, and subsequently (due to bad press) back again. I thought this second switch was temporary. Does anyone know if it is still this way or do Facebook own the rights to all the uploaded info I put on Facebook?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:47 PM

Sorry I cant fully answer your question as I was having the same problem. I went onto a page on the web which gave me advice that i followed. As far as I'm aware my account is now fully delete. I can't see that Face Book should own the rights to uploaded info. I hope not.www.wikihow.com/Permanently-Delete-a-Facebook-Account - hope this helps.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply