This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you break up with someone when it's long distance?
03-24-2014, 04:41 PM
How do you break up with someone when it's long distance?
My BF is in the military and stationed in another country right now. The communication is bad and it seems like I am the only one trying to make it work. I have decided to end it. I send him messages on Facebook (which I know he reads since it says "seen at (time)". He never replies. He asked me to get some app so we can text. He's only messaged me like twice and if I message him.. nothing. Seems like Im the only one trying to make it work and Im tired of crying over this so Im just going to call it off. How can I do this? I know he checks his FB a lot so im going to send him a message like that. What can I say? How do I end it? Ive never broken up with someone so Im not sure what to say
Note, we've been together about 9 mths and yes we have met in person. He's just terrible with communication.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:49 PM

you break up with them over the computer or over the phone or over a text like everybody else does in long distance.

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:51 PM

I have alot of friends n all branches of the milatary, they all cheat & none of their marriages or relationships have worked, they r away from home & temptaion is far2 great, & they all justafy their actions as im fighting 4 my country, well that dont mean they have the right 2 act like punks. So of cource hes reading your posts & im 100% sure hes reading a dozen more. Text him your ending this so u can move 4ward if u want 2 try picking it up when hes done with his tour thats up 2 u, but 4 now its your happiness that matters.......
03-24-2014, 04:58 PM

I had a similar situation with the guy that I was dating. We were also in a long distance relationship and he was not the best communicator in our relationship. This is such an important part of a relationship ESPECIALLY in a long distance relationship. I would say to get him on the phone and discuss this with him that way. At that time the two of you can decide what's best for the relationship.
03-24-2014, 05:02 PM

A friend of mine and her boyfriend were in a long distance relationship and recently broke it off due to having a ridiculous amount of communication issues, so it doesn't surprise me that you're having communication problems in your long distance relationship as well. Ideally, calling him would be the most polite way to break up with him (moreso than just a fb message or a text), but if you can't speak to him in person/on the phone/Skype, an email or a facebook message would work as well.