This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
who do I contact if my account has been hijacked?
03-24-2014, 04:42 PM
who do I contact if my account has been hijacked?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:48 PM

Start here to recover your account
https://edit.europe.yahoo.com/forgotroot

Then change your password ASAP and make sure you have a security question and answer and/or a phone number set. Make sure the alternate email address is still yours. From your Inbox click on the gear icon in the upper right next to where it says (Hi yourname) and go to Mail Options > POP & Forwarding and make sure your incoming messages are not being forwarded to anyone else's account

Run a full virus scan and Malwarebytes (free version)

If you used the same username and password for ANY other site (Paypal, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, online banking, credit card companies, etc, etc) you need to change all of those passwords ASAP. Unfortunately over 80% of people use the same username and password for everything. Once a hacker has hacked one account, they will try those same login details on every other site people might visit to hack those as well

If your emails contained any financial information (paypal receipts, online banking statements, etc) you should contact those companies and change your email address and inform them your account was compromised. The hackers will go through all of your emails to see if there is anything they can use to steal your money

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply