This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
When you have your baby, are you going to post pictures of him/her on the internet? (Facebook, etc?)?
03-24-2014, 04:42 PM
When you have your baby, are you going to post pictures of him/her on the internet? (Facebook, etc?)?
Most of my friends are doing this, starting with their ultrasound pictures, and then they upload, say, twenty a month as soon as the baby is born. Is privacy a concern to you, or are you not worried? Most of my friends don't seem concerned, and don't take advantage of Facebook's privacy policies- so anyone in their network,(city) and/or friends of friends can see the photos.

We just added my real estate agent on FB- she's in her early twenties and she adds everyone she is in business with, even if she doesn't know them. (I don't know her well at all.) She has posted hundreds of pics of her two year old daughter, some naked, (purely innocent baby pics of course) some in front of her home...so all of hamilton, all of her 900+ friends and our whole city can see her kid. That would make me uncomfortable.

But where do you draw the line? Because pics emailed to or scanned by family member can be snapped up and posted on Flickr, Facebook, Myspace, blogs...anywhere.

What are your thoughts on posting pictures of babies/kids on the internet? There are no wrong answers, I'd just like to hear your opinion Smile
Facebook's privacy policies aren't set in stone anyway. There are certain glitches in which I know I have accidentally seen things I shouldn't have been able to see.
I should mention that most people don't even KNOW that unless they carefully change all the right settings, other people, including strangers, can see the pictures they posted of their child.
Why does this have to do with pregnancy?

1. Because it has to deal with sonogram/ultrasound pictures, (those are the first we get)

2. and because it's a decision we have to make while still pregnant (baby pictures start to be posted, either by us or other family members, immediately.)

3. I want a MODERN pregnant woman's perspective, not as much the women with 20 yr old children, I'm interested in the privacy of babies and toddlers because they are the most vulnerable.
I'm not judging anyone! I merely said that the one person I know of who took naked pics of their child and then pics of her and her child in front of the HOUSE, with the NUMBER showing, made me uncomfortable.

I plan to post pics of my kids under very controlled settings- I specifically said all opinions were welcome. Please don't be so sensitive.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:51 PM

yes, i have photos of my son up on facebook a nd myspace. Of course, I dont have any bath shots like Ive seen other parents have...

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:54 PM

I HAVE A MYSPACE ACCOUNT AND AM ALWAYS UPDATING PICS OF MY 20 MONTH OLD, IVE HAD THEM ON THERE SINCE DAY 1, MOSTLY FOR FAMILY AND FRIENDS IN OTHER STATES, BUT I HAVENT WORRIED ABOUT IT
03-24-2014, 04:55 PM

What does this have to do with pregnancy?
03-24-2014, 04:59 PM

i put mine all on Private where only my friends that i have approved can see them. Or i would not but them up for the world to see.
03-24-2014, 05:07 PM

we post our pics on f/b most of our family are on their so makes it easy for us all to keep up to date with each others kids etc, we all have our profile set to private noone can see so much as our profile pic without being added as a friend

its up to each person if u dont like it dont do it
there are some pics that DONT go onlike nude shot but we do have bath pics on but nothing can be seen through the bubbles!!
i think its harmless x x x x
03-24-2014, 05:16 PM

Yes, everyone I know posts pictures on facebook. Facebook is very safe...they have privacy options that let you set your profile to private so that no one can see them except for your friends. You can also block certain friends from seeing the pictures if you wish. The only way I have found that other people not on your friends list can see your pics is if a friend comments on the picture and goes to their news feed, then their friends can look through the photo album. If you really dont want anyone to see, then delete any comments you recieve in the photo album. Personally, I dont see what the big deal is if someone you may not know sees pictures of your child. there are so many picture online, what is the big deal if a picture of your baby gets out for other people to see? Just dont put pictures of your child nude on the internet, obviously.
03-24-2014, 05:18 PM

I've got pics of my son on my facebook account and I'll put some pics of my twins on there when they are born. I have put privacy restrictions on them though so only my friends can see. Plus, I only add people as friends if I know them personally as well.

If a friend or family member wanted to post a pic of my kids on the internet, I'd expect them to get my permission first before doing it. I know I'd ask before putting pics up of anyone else's kids.
03-24-2014, 05:21 PM

im posting pics of my newborn and i have pics of my kids!! but i can see what your saying you do have to be added to my facebook in order to look at pictures though