This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have feelings for my teacher, help!?
03-24-2014, 04:45 PM
I have feelings for my teacher, help!?
Hi,

just to set the situation, I live in England for a start so I'm not sure if the rules vary from that of the USA etc...

I'm 18 years old (male) and go to a sixth form college and I really fancy my history teacher (female). No one, not even my closest friends know about this and I really don't know what to do. I think she's stunning but only I can see this - she is not your "typical stunner" as my teacher is not stick thin but she's not fat at all. I often fantasise about her and my friend found her facebook account which I know is kinda stalkerish but I sometimes look at :$

She is really friendly and would do anything for anyone. She's really funny too and likes to have a laugh with the class which makes me feel comfortable around her in general, however when I speak to her alone about essays, homework and stuff like that I feel awkward and shy which is not usually like me

The thing is that she is also young as she told us that she is 25 so there is only 7 years between us. I leave college in the summer so I'm not sure if I should tell her how I feel when I leave. I was planning on doing it soon but I thought it would make things weird between us and I really dont want that Sad

Is this legal? What would you do in my situation? Sad

Thank you and serious answers only please

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:46 PM

I don't think you can actually have a relationship with a teacher (even if you are 18) while your still at sixth form, college or whatever. for starters she would probably be sacked. It would be completely different if u wern't at sixth form.

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:53 PM

It is illegal as she is a teacher and that job comes with standards and responsibility - you are a student regardless of age and she could get into trouble and sacked.
03-24-2014, 04:59 PM

Its not illegal since you are of age but there could be problems for her if she did get involved with a student. it could be considered grounds for her losing her job if someone wanted to view it that way. After you graduate this would not be the case and if you thought you had a chance with her there would be nothing unethical about you figuring out a way to approach her but the best way would be face to face if you could attend some function where she is present.
03-24-2014, 05:07 PM

yea its is legal, can't have relationship with a teacher its her job she would get fire, the school would found out you have feelings for the teacher, you can't do that
03-24-2014, 05:12 PM

Aw that is a really really hard one!

It is difficult because she will see you as a student who she is to help. I think the only reason you should tell her is if you need to do it to move on because I don't think anything will come of this as she is your teacher and if she is professional about it, she wouldn't date a student even though you are finishing up soon. It might be better if you left it for a few years until you were way out of school and then if you still felt it then you could tell her.

If I were you I would not say anything and just try to forget about them, easier said than done I know but if it was really bothering me to the point that I couldn't sleep at night and thought about them every day then I would tell them only to help myself move on because I know that to start something with someone like that at this time, in this situation would be wrong and I wouldn't feel good about it either.

I am so sorry. I know exactly how you feel and it is not a nice situation to be in. Good luck.
03-24-2014, 05:17 PM

She's your teacher so it's not legal.

If you're going to ask her then do it after you've left college.
If she's friendly and she'd do anything for anybody then what makes you think that she likes you in a different way to her other pupils?
Does she treat you any different from everybody else?
I would try and find out if she's married, got a boyfriend/girlfriend because if you ask and she turns you down you will probably feel really embarrassed

Lots of kids your age have a crush on their teacher.